• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school someone thinking of doing this

I cant do it this year ...
    planning on attending 2021 ... So I'm getting an early start
    your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

You don't have to long haul it all week .. try to make a venue stop or two this year with one leg between cities and that will give you the feel, without breaking the bank or using your entire vacation. This will allow you to evaluate the event to see if it's for you.

Comment

bring as much horsepower as you can keep cool

Comment

Step 1 is plan early, you’ve got that one!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

this year's tour is running very close to your 'hood; it may not be this close next year, I'd recommend that you take in a couple of days. You're only 2 hours from the first 3 stops
          nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Closest stop this year is seven hours away. Not worth it. Waiting for a chance to take the 71 to a stop or two for redemption after breaking down in 2012. Hasn't left the driveway in over a year and town since then. Did a OD transmission swap. Leary of shifter cable adjustment and could use a better bracket for the cables on the back of the throttle body. Fitech unit base plate is trimmed down compared to a carb so bracket swivels under tension. If I read right, back tires are ten years old. Bought used at a swap meet years ago.

Comment

I agree with those who suggested doing a couple days to get the flavor of it. I did that in 2014 and that got me hooked. Guarantee it will be even further away in 2021, so you may just wanna do Norwalk/Dayton if you can this year. Hell, show up in a rental car, doesn't have to be anything fancy...
              2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
              1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
              1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Make sure your car can handle heat and sitting in traffic. On the Cutlass, we have the stock fan, an electric fan and a tranny cooler with an electric fan on it. So far, so good.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                  I agree with those who suggested doing a couple days to get the flavor of it. I did that in 2014 and that got me hooked. Guarantee it will be even further away in 2021, so you may just wanna do Norwalk/Dayton if you can this year. Hell, show up in a rental car, doesn't have to be anything fancy...
                  I've used all my vacation time & play money up for this year.... between having my car in the Detroit Autorama and Ive already made reservations for St Ignace
                  Join us for the 48th Annual St. Ignace Car Show Weekend, June 27-30, 2024! You are invited to one of the largest ALL MAKES, ALL MODELS car shows in the […]
                  your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

Originally posted by derbydad276 View Post

I've used all my vacation time & play money up for this year.... between having my car in the Detroit Autorama and Ive already made reservations for St Ignace
                    https://stignace.com/event/annual-st...-show-weekend/
                    We plan on making it up to that show one of these years.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Being a Displaced Yooper,
                      I will have to get up there one of these years.
                      End of June is Tough, usually we have our annual Friends and Family Yard Party.
                      Maybe we will bring All Our Drunky Friends and Relatives there........Then the Yoopers could have a Shorter (One Eye Open) ride home.

Comment

We love to visit the U.P. especially in the fall. I used to get there a lot for work too, great area!
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                        X