2020 PowerTour C10 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 PowerTour C10 Build

Hey guys, first time poster here. From what I have seen online, this is a great forum for HRPT information. This will be my first Power Tour event and we will be doing the Long Haul, with my wife riding shotgun and a friend from work in his C10. I have done Drag week with friends but it has been many years.

I work in sales at UMI performance and I am an avid SCCA racer. Luck just had it that I was asked to take a vehicle on the tour for 2020. We are in the process of building our 87' C10 out for the trip. This is a relative low mile example and we are just going to freshen up the stock drivetrain. We are running out Stage 2 suspension setup, while Nate's C10 will be testing our new 4 Link and A-Arms that he designed. I am a planner and have been gathering information for the last couple months on the tour and what to expect, as I really like to be prepared for anything.

I wanted to share a couple photos of where the truck started and where it is heading. We are painting the truck all gold and repairing the holes in the roof from the visor. Interior is getting a new dash pad, bench seat, and center console from TMI. For tunes we are adding a Retrostound headunit and some updated stock location speakers. Wheels are American Racing Saltflats in 20" x 10". Basically we are looking to make a comfortable cruiser to further test our suspension systems.

Thanks again for the great resource of information.

Welcome Dave! A friend who’s going on tour with us has all UMI pieces in his ‘65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport and loves it. He’s almost got me talked into updating mine!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
      Welcome Dave! A friend who’s going on tour with us has all UMI pieces in his ‘65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport and loves it. He’s almost got me talked into updating mine!
      Thanks Jim. I have met a lot of people from working in this industry and I am looking forward to hanging out with customers on this trip. Always enjoy seeing meeting folks that put miles on cars.

Comment

UMI, I am another UMI customer with your vette brake kit on my Firebird. When it gets closer to June, let me know when you are leaving and I'll try to join up with you on the way to Norwalk.
        nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dave !

Comment

Welcome aboard.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
              UMI, I am another UMI customer with your vette brake kit on my Firebird. When it gets closer to June, let me know when you are leaving and I'll try to join up with you on the way to Norwalk.
              That would be awesome. We will have our Rig out at Super Summit starting Thursday before the start of PT. I will be heading out Saturday afternoon to get in a little AutoCross at Norwalk. Hope to catch you our there.

Thanks much for the welcome guys.

Comment

Welcome aboard Dave!
                During last years HRPT, Your partner Nate helped me set up a full UMI suspension package for my 79 TA project... someday I'll even get it installed

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190715_213213.jpg Views:	0 Size:	975.7 KB ID:	1263000Click image for larger version  Name:	20190715_213035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	506.9 KB ID:	1263001
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200219_024955.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	910.9 KB
ID:	1263003
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Redline04; February 19, 2020, 01:53 AM.
                '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                79 Trans Am project
                ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
                  Welcome aboard Dave!
                  During last years HRPT, Your partner Nate helped me set up a full UMI suspension package for my 79 TA project... someday I'll even get it installed

That is awesome! I know Nate really enjoys doing the Power Tour event, he was first on the list for this year at our company. You are going to love the 2nd Gen stuff, Nate worked really hard on putting that together and it has been well tested on our 71'. Are we going to see you on the tour this year?

Comment

Looks like a cool build. Hopefully we'll see you on tour.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by UMI_Dave View Post

'. Are we going to see you on the tour this year?
                      I'm planning on it! I'll have the Mopar wagon, TA won't be ready, too many medical bills to spend $ on that right now.
                      I'll watch for your C10, or maybe catch you with the UMI gang
                      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                      79 Trans Am project
                      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

I'm planning on it! I'll have the Mopar wagon, TA won't be ready, too many medical bills to spend $ on that right now.
                        I'll watch for your C10, or maybe catch you with the UMI gang
                        I will keep an eye out. The Gold truck left for paint just yesterday and should see it back in a few weeks, just in time for the interior to be in house. Nate's Black C10 is in the process of the notch and 4 link, and A-Arm jigs are being worked on now. We will have Brent Pursifull with is, not sure what car of his but it is bound to be a 2nd Gen F-Body.
                        Last edited by UMI_Dave; February 21, 2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04

I did a quick check, and Brent is the one who helped finalize the order Nate set up for me. I was supposed to get back to them to figure out a suspension update for the Wagon, but life got in the way. Would be nice to get new rear springs/shocks and front coil overs w/ performance torsion bars. If life would slow down a bit, I might get to it.
                          Brent Persifull is actually a friend of the company that uses our products on his cars, guy lives and breathes 2nd Gen F-Body's. Brent Johnson is who you worked with in our Tech department. Brent J and Nate actually field a dirt car together, dude is a hell of a driver!

Comment

Well, we are back at the build after being closed for the last 7 weeks. In that time the C10 has come back from paint and the interior has arrived from TMI Products. We have been working on the mechanicals to make sure the truck is in tip top running condition. Exhaust had seen better days so we replaced a passenger side manifold and started on an economical Dynamax exhaust system. Tires are mounted on the American Racing wheels, just need to button a couple things up and install them.

Name:	UMItruck_SRDart.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	1270103

Name:	TMI-Interior-1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	1270105Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4518.jpg
Views:	118