Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-19 and the panic .

Watching the news and reading .
    It seems a bunch of events around the world are being cancelled.
    June will be here before we know it.
    Will the panic of this virus and virus be past tense ?
    Wondering if I should wait on booking the flight , Never had to worry about not going on a flight I've ever booked.
    guess, I'll have to read and try to understand if you can cancel a booking or not.
    If this virus is still in play , Any idea what type of lead time the power tour event organizers would give of it being put on hold?

I read travel agents suggest buying travel insurance - allowing cancellation or change of flights without penalty
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Will the panic of this virus and virus be past tense ?
      I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I seriously doubt it.
        I didn't think so, more worried about those running the event cancelling it.
        We still don't know if we can take the vehicle back with us, home. It not be ideal , To have had so much done to the vehicle and not at least get to use it, if we can't take it home with us. The importing cost is about equal to the price of the vehicle it self.
        So a 10000.00 US dollar value could end up a 18 to 22 thousand dollar car before you drive it off the customs lot.

Comment

Drive it Home,
          A whole New Challenge, just getting thru Mexico Alive...... LOL.
          BUT, all the "Gratuities" to the local "Federalies".....
          it might be cheaper to ship it

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
            Drive it Home,
            A whole New Challenge, just getting thru Mexico Alive...... LOL.
            BUT, all the "Gratuities" to the local "Federalies".....
            it might be cheaper to ship it
            My name isn't Bond,, James Bond

Comment

I have a pal on the Stanford Hospital Board. He just sent me this...

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late.

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous. Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS
              1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
              2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose. 3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
              4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
              5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
              6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
              7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice. 8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
              9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
              10. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!

THE SYMPTOMS
              1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
              2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
              3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
              4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                I have a pal on the Stanford Hospital Board. He just sent me this...

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late.

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous. Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS
                1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
                2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose. 3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
                4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
                5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
                6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
                7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice. 8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
                9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
                10. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!

THE SYMPTOMS
                1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
                2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
                3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
                4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.
                Great, but that doesn't help much about the issue that many events around the globe are being cancelled.
                I'm sure the cost for those in the USA to go to the power tour between time off, hotels, gas, vehicle repairs, and all that, and if it got cancelled last minute would not be happy if the window to cancel the hotels window closed, and were charged for rooms they not be using.
                For us, it is a bit more involved to do this.

I'll understand if they end up cancelling it. but I am hopeful IF they do, they give enough warning. If we get to take vehicle back home. there is a window it has to happen in because of the paperwork. We can't say it be being shipped june 20th and then change it till ___________.
                Sadly importing a vehicle is involved, and costly to say the least.

Comment

But it provides much needed info in a situation that is quickly turning into a pyscho circus.

And it wasn't intended as help. And what you are doing isn't, either.
                  Last edited by studemax; March 11, 2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

The temp in the US will reach those levels before the Power Tour..........I expect this will not be an issue by mid-May. Only time will tell.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

it's already in the low 80's here in New Orleans and Power Tour will run it's an outside event...………...no worries. In fact I'm leaving Saturday for Myrtle Beach South Carolina for the Run to the Sun cruise in.
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

But it provides much needed info in a situation that is quickly turning into a pyscho circus.

And it wasn't intended as help. And what you are doing isn't, either.
                        What I'm doing?

I'm sorry. This coming to do the tour is a costly trip for us. Taking the vehicle back with us , if we are able, is a costly transaction. One that when the paperwork is approved and stamped/ signed off. The shipping dates can't change. It is 8-12 thousand us dollars just to import it., over and above the cars price.
                        This isn't just a sea of panic. This is worrying about a lot of money , That it took us a while to put together .
                        The international flight , the vehicle we plan on using and buying, and importing back home.
                        So, please explain what exactly am I doing, other than making sure all the ducks are in a row.
                        Last edited by Eric; March 12, 2020, 06:18 AM.

Comment

You know damn well I didn't mean your fricking trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                            it's already in the low 80's here in New Orleans and Power Tour will run it's an outside event...………...no worries. In fact I'm leaving Saturday for Myrtle Beach South Carolina for the Run to the Sun cruise in.
                            Dave, we're going to be in Hilton Head this weekend.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

You know damn well I didn't mean your fricking trip.
                              Then what do you mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X