C-19 and the panic .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric, I understand your predicament.
    I lined up everything to get my Off Road Sammy to Budapest, Hungry AND back from Bamako, Africa, For the Rally. (Kinda like the Dakar)
    Then my Son's both decided to get married that same time frame!!! (No nobody was pregnant!)
    I had to do a Bunch of "Please Sirs, and Sorry for your Troubles Mame' phone calls. Still lost the prepaid multi country Auto Insurance, entry fees, and one shipping container fee (My French isn't even good in English to this dude!)
    In reality, it's only money, I made more, and the Wedding's hilariously Priceless!! Can share those stories over beers on the HRPT.
    Still I should have went, and just looked at the Wedding pictures.........when I got back.....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
      it's already in the low 80's here in New Orleans and Power Tour will run it's an outside event...………...no worries. In fact I'm leaving Saturday for Myrtle Beach South Carolina for the Run to the Sun cruise in.
      See you next week Dave. Have a safe trip.

Comment

No worries!

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

That's hilarious Ed. Especially after I spent most of the afternoon TP hunting here. Went to the north Sams where we normally shop after being warned by our younger daughter yesterday afternoon. Completely cleaned out. Heard that the south one was stocked so I did the 15-20 minutes drive down there. Same thing. I mean everything! Not just our preferred brand, but everything! Went over to the WallyWorld beside them & it was the same deal. Laura & I had been laughing about it over lunch so I even took a picture & sent it to her at work. After it dawned on me to try a WM that did not have a Sams on the other side of their parking lot, I headed back north to the one closest to where we live. The buzzards were busy picking the shelves clean there too but I did manage to score three of the big packages like we would normally get at Sams. I just slipped right between two middle-aged gals arguing about something, tossed them into the cart & kept moving. The TP, not the middle-aged gals. I also noted that the canned soup isles in both Walmarts were picked clean. We've all been through this nonsense before & we will survive. Click image for larger version

Name:	TP Shortage.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	1264961
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I'm thinking we ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until the test kits are available..........people will demand testing every three days....
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 13, 2020, 07:12 PM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

A trip to 3 Wal-Mart's, eh?

Just wait till they start TP rationing !!
              like gas in the 1970's Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200312_083532.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	1264969

Comment

I have a nephew that drives semi for a milk hauling trucking company. He picks up from dairies in Nebraska & Iowa & hauls to Ice cream & cheese makers in Colorado, South & North Dakota. He called Friday to tell me that one of the plants he delivers to in ND was making people check out rolls of TP & then check them back in after taking care of business. My best guess was that some of the folks might be stocking up their homes with them.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

June is still a bit off, besides I work in a hospital so I'm not too worried about! Haul Ass
                  HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Just a matter of time until corporate owned public restrooms (like Lowe's, Home Depot, etc) restrict their use to actual customers like restaurants do.......
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

If they cancel HRPT,
                      YOU ALL are welcome to come out to my place in the Tall Timber of Central Wisconsin.
                      Primitive Camping, I sure I could get Main Stage entertainment at Bargain Prices now, and make it like a SCCA rally with Check Points to get clues for the final destination!!

Bring Beer and.......Toilet Paper !!

Comment

What is the draw of t-p.
                        I don't understand why "THIS" item is what people are stocking up on.
                        A friend that lives on your east coast ,text me that they cleared out the shelves of canned soup, beans, dry/powdered milk, rice, pasta, canned tomatos, and pasta sauce, t-p, bleach, cleaning supplies, paper towels. basically, if it isn't nailed down they were buying it.

Comment

Eric, I glad to hear your back,
                          Didn't want you to run off by previous comments.
                          Looking forward to seeing you on the run.

Us Yooper's laugh when Atlanta gets a predicted snow of.......ONE INCH !!
                          Everyone races to the Piggly Wiggly and loads up supplies to make a "Prep'r" Proud !!
                          ​​​​​​​HURRY, you don't want to be one of the LAST of the Lemmings to go off the Edge..
                          Last edited by Captain; March 16, 2020, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            What is the draw of t-p.
                            I don't understand why "THIS" item is what people are stocking up on.
                            A friend that lives on your east coast ,text me that they cleared out the shelves of canned soup, beans, dry/powdered milk, rice, pasta, canned tomatos, and pasta sauce, t-p, bleach, cleaning supplies, paper towels. basically, if it isn't nailed down they were buying it.
                            No one understands the whole TP thing. People just have it in their mind that they have to have it in great quantities. We went to the grocery store yesterday and there were lots of empty shelves.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Gwood74 View Post
                              June is still a bit off
                              I was thinking about this last night and I'm reallllllly starting to wonder if we'll be out of the weeds by then. Hope so.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                              1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                              1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

I'm getting the "Willey's" myself.
                                Spent this afternoon printing out receipts from my Flea Bay buys for the Run. Many are one off's just for this Run, won't work for different stops, points etc. If they postpone, I still good.
                                If they cancel, they won't work for other cities.

Comment

Working...
                                X