• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain View Post
    Basically what was left was the Cheap Beers
    We call that the a_d_a_m section...

From the HRPT website...interesting quote...bold print emphasis mine:
    "As always, our top priority is the health and safety of all our participants and guests. With this in mind, we will continue to closely monitor the current situation regarding COVID-19 and will be following all mandated local and federal guidelines as they are issued. At this time the Hot Rod Power Tour will occur as scheduled. We will provide updates as they become available."

So, if this starts to blow over and regulations become more relaxed, perhaps they're just gonna roll with it...
    2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

HA, HA, Hahaa...........
      There's a Fine Line between "Cheap Beer" and "Free Beer".......
      Both are too take in your Partying Choices !! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
        We call that the a_d_a_m section...

From the HRPT website...interesting quote...bold print emphasis mine:
        "As always, our top priority is the health and safety of all our participants and guests. With this in mind, we will continue to closely monitor the current situation regarding COVID-19 and will be following all mandated local and federal guidelines as they are issued. At this time the Hot Rod Power Tour will occur as scheduled. We will provide updates as they become available."

So, if this starts to blow over and regulations become more relaxed, perhaps they're just gonna roll with it...
        That is more or less how every other email that I get starts these days.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Ohio is locked down now. All non-essential businesses are ordered closed at midnight tonight. Of course, where I work is considered essential but I'm working from home today for the first time ever.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Tammy starts home working this week.....I am considered essential as well, but, working on site(the river doesn’t shut down)...
            Last edited by silver_bullet; March 23, 2020, 07:54 AM.
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I didn't think to check out the beer isle
              Yes we are well stocked up on Beer!! Still had a pretty good selection in the stores.
              Donna
              Williamston, MI
              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Michigan and Wisconsin both went Shelter in Place!!
                Wisconsin happened while I was grocery shopping in town. Also got the plumbing supplies to fix the 30 yr old hot water heater....
                So today's entertainment is pulling two heater elements, and of course the fun of draining 52 gallons first......

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post

Yes we are well stocked up on Beer!! Still had a pretty good selection in the stores.
                  We can still go shopping if needed, and SuperWalmart sells Beer !!
                  '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                  '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                  79 Trans Am project
                  ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

I deliver auto parts part time at an Advance Auto Parts store. Apparently, we are considered essential, so I will go to work, at least for the near future.
                    Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                    Gregg and Deb Miller
                    Verona, Wi.

Comment

Well Redline.......
                      I think our Parts Safari is on Hold.......
                      And Jefferson is Cancelled !!
                      But I seen the Buster Brown Driver running around......
                      Flea Bay is where I can get my Rusty Iron Fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                        Michigan and Wisconsin both went Shelter in Place!!
                        Wisconsin happened while I was grocery shopping in town. Also got the plumbing supplies to fix the 30 yr old hot water heater....
                        So today's entertainment is pulling two heater elements, and of course the fun of draining 52 gallons first......

​​​
                        Before I retired in 2006, I went to a gas demand water heater. It took me 2-3 hours to install it & we have never looked back. No water sitting in a tank rusting out the bottom. No water heater kicking on & off whether it is being used or not.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

thoughts......if this stay at home goes after mid-April......two things....1) folks are going to very frustrated, having to stay at home, and wanting to get back to work: 2) folks may not be willing to "stay at home" no longer, and, if the PT sponsors, including GM, are willing to take the lead, the car/truck community will support the effort, including the hotels and restaurants that have been affected.....to those politicians who might be listening....get off the bench, get back in the game

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                            thoughts......if this stay at home goes after mid-April......two things....1) folks are going to very frustrated, having to stay at home, and wanting to get back to work: 2) folks may not be willing to "stay at home" no longer, and, if the PT sponsors, including GM, are willing to take the lead, the car/truck community will support the effort, including the hotels and restaurants that have been affected.....to those politicians who might be listening....get off the bench, get back in the game
                            Many might have to use vacation time to have money from the weeks of not working . In stead of going on planned vacations

Comment

agreed....if the US Congress gets of of their @@ and passes legislation that helps the workers (payroll, time off, etc.) and the small businesses....folks can get back to their lives

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

Before I retired in 2006, I went to a gas demand water heater. It took me 2-3 hours to install it & we have never looked back. No water sitting in a tank rusting out the bottom. No water heater kicking on & off whether it is being used or not.
                                I did think of one of those.....
                                Right when I couldn't get either one of the elements out with a 3 ft breaker bar with a 2+ ft cheater pipe....
                                So today's entertainment was replacing the water heater....... Then I found other problems!!
                                Bought the Cheapest Tank type as I am remodeling this house very SOON.
                                (In reality, it will be a new house.....I'm only saving 2 walls and a closet door so the Tax Man doesn't beat me up too bad...)

Comment

Working...
                                X