C-19 and the panic .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

Before I retired in 2006, I went to a gas demand water heater. It took me 2-3 hours to install it & we have never looked back. No water sitting in a tank rusting out the bottom. No water heater kicking on & off whether it is being used or not.
    Going that way soon. Our current 50gal. gas fed water heater is almost 11yrs old. Currently searching options
    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Man, I'm getting used to this working at home!
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

Going that way soon. Our current 50gal. gas fed water heater is almost 11yrs old. Currently searching options
        I went with a Rinnai. Granted is probably the most expensive of the bunch but I just went ahead & got the top of the line because I better things to do than work on it. Even occasionally. Got the one that will handle two showers + a dishwasher at the same time. I also went to a demand water softener at the same time. A Kinetico. Also probably the most expensive but not a bit of trouble with it in close to fifteen years. Went from 2-3 bags of salt a month to maybe one every 3-4 months.

...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Bad News !!!
          They just postponed the Indy 500 !!!
          That's a couple of weeks before HRPT,
          and the Track is one of the stops.

Comment

Allen has the right point.....they can't race if they can't practice and qualify. That takes the entire month of May usually. We'll see about the PT.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Have to agree with the Captain if 500 is called off then businesses probably won’t be open. Guess HRPT could be moved to late August. Tri-five Nationals should happen or at least I hope so!

Comment

That's getting pretty close to Drag Week.......
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

damn and I finally had tickets to go to the indy 500 this year

Comment

News this morning is that some states back east are now arguing about 14 day quarantines for people coming into a state from highly infected states.
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                      News this morning is that some states back east are now arguing about 14 day quarantines for people coming into a state from highly infected states.
                      Not sure we are back east, but Florida has check points set up on the interstates coming in from the west and north. They had at least threatened to use the national guard at airports to interview all passengers coming from high impact areas.

Comment

this entire virus thing is getting irrational.....so what if folks stay at home for 14 days, or 21 days, or whatever....would that solve the problem?.....so maybe they cancel the PT.....so what?.....the bottom line, seems to me, is that lots of folks are going to get sick, and lots (?) of folks are going to die.....what is anyone going to do about that?....

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                          this entire virus thing is getting irrational.....so what if folks stay at home for 14 days, or 21 days, or whatever....would that solve the problem?.....so maybe they cancel the PT.....so what?.....the bottom line, seems to me, is that lots of folks are going to get sick, and lots (?) of folks are going to die.....what is anyone going to do about that?....
                          There isn't much you can do , other than Live life .
                          I'm sure much of the craziness is from the fear of liability , IF , any business didn't do as much as they could . I'd hazard a guess that many boardrooms with the board and the law teams happened .
                          What is now showing is that, those in the age group that were told are not at risk are dropping . The 10-45/50 age group.
                          I fear the medical field has no handle on this and are just throwing darts .
                          This is a good history lesson, as we now know why earlier pandemics spread, if the way people today are blowing off this one because of the talking point of more die from the flu. One can pretty much assume that the same attitude helped spread earlier one's throughout history .
                          I think our lack doing what we are told is best for us , because , well , it CAN'T happen to me. Will cause many more to get sick and sadly pass.
                          Last edited by Eric; March 31, 2020, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                            If no intervention and social distancing had occurred, it was estimated that upwards of 2 million Americans would die. That's a lot more than the 100-200k estimated now. If it saves that many lives, it's worth it.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

We ALL want to "Ride Off Into the Sunset".

I just didn't have it planned to do it coughing, weazing, and having a machine breathing for me........till I croak.
                              I can wait another year if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                                We ALL want to "Ride Off Into the Sunset".

I just didn't have it planned to do it coughing, weazing, and having a machine breathing for me........till I croak.
                                I can wait another year if needed.
                                Or 2 or 3 or 40

Comment

Working...
                                X