Poll, if the event company cans the tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll, if the event company cans the tour

How many will still do the road trip-tour anyways?
    I mean if businesses are back open and life is back to somewhat normal but because of the event having to make a choice before things got back to being safe . Will you run an unoffical tour road trip . Even if it isnt the tour route- area.
    Just on vacation and just grt in the clasic vehicle and road trip to nowhere and anywhere.

SORRY no idae how to make a poll . So

I'm thinking if your country is back to business and it is safe to interact with others. To just road trip to whrre ever the wind takes us if the tour is sidelined or delayed., put on hold till next year .

I’m hoping it’s still going to happen. If not I might still do a road trip but not those areas, probably to the U.P in Michigan.
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I'm hoping that it's only postponed. I'm recently retired, Everyday is a Sunday, today is Saturday-Sunday, so rearranging vacation time isn't a problem.
      If it's cancelled, I have other long trip ideas.
      Maybe the Colorado Hill Climbs in September, or run out to Reno, Nv to see Leslie, AND ANY POINTS OF INTEREST on the way......
      and maybe Defend my Trophy at the Concours D'Lemons in Detroit late July....

Comment

if they can it, I'm done....maybe next year?
        Last edited by rexdogg; March 28, 2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I will wait till next year if it is cancelled this year, but will probably do something else. Maybe they will honor our registrations next year? We haven't been able to make this event for two years, and were really looking forward to HRPT, but may finish our Route 66 exploration this year if HRPT is cancelled.
          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
          Gregg and Deb Miller
          Verona, Wi.

Comment

if and only if it gets nixed, will cancel hotels, and try to gather with our regular running group...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

If they cancel it we will probably look at some other things that we have not done before. We always do the Goodguys Heartland Nationals in Des Moines in July & the Tri-Five Nationals in Bowling Green in August. Or we will just stick with some of the stuff here in the midwest that we can not always do. And just wait until next year for PT.
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I think we're gonna head northwest......availability of the National Parks will be a factor in our choices.......
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There's not much along the route I needed to see; was more interested in camaraderie, cars, and beers.
                  So I doubt I would do THIS road trip.
                  Probably use the money I saved on canceling hotel rooms and go to the rescheduled Indy 500, or maybe a couple NASCAR races.
                  2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                  1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                  1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Hot Rod mag had a half page add in this month's issue advertising several week long "runs" starting at various points - one being Speedway Motors in Lincoln - to Louisville KY for NSRA nats I think. I think it was Street Rodder or Car Craft backed. There were several other start/finish points too. The sponsors besides Speedawy were Painless, a Chrome company, and several others I think.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

just saw that....it was a street rodder road tour (various start and stop points)....my thoughts....if they can advertise short tours, starting with MSRA Back to the 50's Week Road tour in St Paul, MN, June 14-21, (the tour you referred to was the Lincoln, NE, to Louisville, KY, July 31-Aug 9)........why not keep the PT.....particularly if some of the states lift their stay at home advisories by early or mid-April at the latest; point being....if street rodder and other sponsors can promote their tours, why not the PT

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        Hot Rod mag had a half page add in this month's issue advertising several week long "runs" starting at various points - one being Speedway Motors in Lincoln - to Louisville KY for NSRA nats I think. I think it was Street Rodder or Car Craft backed. There were several other start/finish points too. The sponsors besides Speedawy were Painless, a Chrome company, and several others I think.
                        I know they thinned the herd of mag titles, but , has the mag's lead time changed? If it is still the 3 month lead time from final draft to print to news stand. That large ad might not mean much now. As far as what will still happen .
                        I just hope this whole virus thing dies off and the wheels of life start turning again .

Comment

If they cancel PT, I'm sure we'll do something car related, I just don't know what. We will be busy moving all my junk from Ohio to Michigan so that might keep us busy for a while.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

We might go to the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags again in Stanton, MI but that’s not until September.
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                              If they cancel PT, I'm sure we'll do something car related, I just don't know what. We will be busy moving all my junk from Ohio to Michigan so that might keep us busy for a while.
                              If they publish the route and the local constable / National Guard is not preventing Jersey plates from entering the respective states, I'm in even if I'm going rogue​​​​​​​
                              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
                              X