Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, no worries.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
      Hot Rod mag had a half page add in this month's issue advertising several week long "runs" starting at various points - one being Speedway Motors in Lincoln - to Louisville KY for NSRA nats I think. I think it was Street Rodder or Car Craft backed. There were several other start/finish points too. The sponsors besides Speedawy were Painless, a Chrome company, and several others I think.

June 14 – 21 St. Paul MN.
      *MSRA Back to the 50s Week Road Tour
      The MSRA Back to the 50s Weekend is one of the largest and most popular pre-1964 vehicle events in the nation year after year. We make it a whole week of fun on the Back to the 50s Week Road Tour
      For the MSRA event please note: (As always, our top priority is the health and safety of all our participants and guests. With this in mind, we will continue to closely monitor the current situation regarding COVID-19 and will be following all mandated local and federal guidelines as they are issued. At this time the MSRA event will occur as scheduled. We will provide updates as they become available.)

July 13 – 19 Syracuse, NY
      *Syracuse Nationals Week Road Tour
      The Syracuse Nationals is the largest special interest vehicle event in New England. Over 8,000 hot rods, muscle cars and customs cover the New York State Fairgrounds and we spend the week in Upstate New York.
      July 31 – Aug 9 Lincoln, NE – Louisville KY
      *Speedway Motors Road Tour to NSRA Nationals
      The amazing Speedway Motors Museum is the starting point for this Road Tour that travels from Lincoln, NE. to Louisville, KY. The annual NSRA Street Rod Nationals in Louisville is our destination after spending five days on the road.
      Sept 4 – 12 Nashville, TN. – Pigeon Forge, TN
      *Shades of the Past Tour
      We start in Music City on Labor Day weekend before we head east across Tennessee with a destination of Pigeon Forge. We arrive in time to take part in all the fun leading up to the Shades of the Past Hot Rod Roundup at Dollywood Splash Country.

Oct 3 -10 Biloxi, MS
      *Crusin the Coast Road Tour
      For a week in October 30 miles of beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast beaches are turned into America’s largest block party. There are activities day and night all along the coast and the Cruisin’ the Coast Road Tour is there to take part in this unique event.
      Oct 18 – 24 San Antonio, TX. – Lake Havasu, AZ.
      *Vintage Air Tour to Run to the Sun
      Jack Chistenhall and Rick Love from Vintage Air lead a group of rodders from the Lone Star State as they saddle up and head west to the Run to the Sun in beautiful Lake Havasu City.
      Oct 18 – 25 Sacramento, CA to Pacific Northwest
      *Sherms Plating Road Tour
      The week kicks off in Sacramento.We then roll north though Northern California on our way to Portland, Oregon for two days of shop tour and museum visits. We will stop to see the Redwoods in Crescent City, CA on our way back to Sacramento. There will be beautiful scenery and plenty of visits along the way.
      REGISTER NOW CLICK HERE

Phil / Omaha

Comment

This is listed on the Hot Rod website under Events - Street Rodder Road Tour
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by stroker al View Post

Thanks for clarifying this, just knew I didn’t deserve the post. Hope to see ya on PT later.
          Please accept my apologies.....
          I took >>>>head the wrong way,
          My opening line was "had to look back"
          Now, then I see it's his Moniker, and he's from Jersey,
          I totally missed "Arrrow Head"..... 4 icons & head, can you see how I was mistaken?
          and was playing on the Moniker, Not your reply.

And when we meet on the HRPT, I will show you the Longshoreman's high sign to Truckers in the Port of New York.......

And I will buy you a Long Island Ice Tea.

Capt

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post

Please accept my apologies.....
            I took >>>>head the wrong way,
            My opening line was "had to look back"
            Now, then I see it's his Moniker, and he's from Jersey,
            I totally missed "Arrrow Head"..... 4 icons & head, can you see how I was mistaken?
            and was playing on the Moniker, Not your reply.

And when we meet on the HRPT, I will show you the Longshoreman's high sign to Truckers in the Port of New York.......

And I will buy you a Long Island Ice Tea.

Capt
            Thanks, and will take you up on both but I'd rather have a Bud Light!
            Stay safe, see ya in June ??????????

Comment

We had a little bit of road trip in the Solstice last month. We drove it down to Hilton Head to see Mom and Dad. For as tiny as that car is, it's not bad to road trip in except you have to pack REALLY well.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                We had a little bit of road trip in the Solstice last month. We drove it down to Hilton Head to see Mom and Dad. For as tiny as that car is, it's not bad to road trip in except you have to pack REALLY well.
                you'll need to get a mini blue cooler -
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

you'll need to get a mini blue cooler -
                  We might be able to get away with it if we keep the top up but with it down, no way. LOL And you know how Donna feels about going topless!
                  I R Bob
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Luckily I just made the hotel reservations and didn't purchase the "ticket" yet. I was supposed to be moved back to Omaha this month, then C-19 hit, so now I'm in limbo. I expect to be back this summer...might make the Lincoln to Louisville trip. I've been meaning to do the rest of the Bourbon Trail for quite a few years now.
                    Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
                    1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
                    2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

We might be able to get away with it if we keep the top up but with it down, no way. LOL And you know how Donna feels about going topless!
                      or ice creamless, beerless too !
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Hey there Cricket, welcome back. My niece's hubby (LCDR) and his people probably wrenched on your rocket ships. He just xfer'd to NoCal recently and my niece stayed on Whidby with the two boys, she has a good job with the GAO I believe it is. Be safe and thanks for your service !!
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

or ice creamless, beerless too !
                          Yeah, for some reason there is a shortage of ice cream at the stores around here. The beer supply is good though!
                          I R Bob

Comment

Hey ya all know me a little to well. I did have a Blizzard yesterday and was really good...also had a beer...now just need the warmer weather for more of the topless
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

We have had a long heartfelt discussion here, and with heavy hearts, have decided to forgo participating in HRPT2020.... We just can't see a timely end to this and will hope for this to be under control soon! Please feel free to contact us when you are nearby and have plans in our region... we will be glad to set up a meeting with you! Wishing you all a safe and healthy Easter season and may God bless you and your families! Patrick, Tammy, Sean and Kim....
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Been keeping an eye on local events being cancelled. Stop 2 (Dayton OH) is local to me, and I got news that the Strawberry festival has been cancelled which was scheduled for June 6/7.

I've wanted to do at least one stop of the tour since I first heard about it maybe 15-20 years ago. Finally made that the goal this year and have put more work into the car since November than ever, and heres where we stand.

If it cancits itll bum me out, but I understand the extenuating circumstance behind it
                                '69 Oldsmobile 442
                                '18 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife's vehicle)
                                '20 Ram 1500 BigHorn (my daily)

Comment

Working...
                                X