No announcement yet.

Poll, if the event company cans the tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are registered and have hotels set( for six cars/rooms), and will be bummed out when they finally decide to cancel the Tour for 2020, but totally will be the right decision under these circumstances. Will call to cancel the rooms, wonder how they will handle the reservations? Refund or save for another year??
    Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
    Gregg and Deb Miller
    Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by convss View Post
      We are registered and have hotels set( for six cars/rooms), and will be bummed out when they finally decide to cancel the Tour for 2020, but totally will be the right decision under these circumstances. Will call to cancel the rooms, wonder how they will handle the reservations? Refund or save for another year??
      Hadn't registered yet with HRPT... I called our hotels this morning, and they all were very understanding and stated that they were quite busy fielding calls for cancellations due to the virus! We will be sure to keep in contact when we can get up to the Madison area as we have a new great niece in that area! Take care!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Sorry to hear it Patrick, but we're considering the same thing. Frankly, I'm not too sure what the condition of hotels will be, health-wise. Just waiting a few more weeks to decide.
        Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 5, 2020, 09:43 AM.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We’re watching it too. I have reservations for 3 cars and the hotel rooms. Waiting until the last minute. All of our room reservations can be canceled without penalty right up until the day of the reservation so no rush.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

SHIT - I am still working on the wagon. We got 2 months to the start. Hoping for the best

Comment

Hoping for the best here too, but losing enthusiasm for going. Too much talk of canceling or rescheduling events like the HRPT. Reschedule would not work well here as I plan other summer events, family camping trips etc. around June just to keep that open for the Tour. We have 2 weddings in August for close friends/relatives so a reschedule isn’t really feasible idea either. All we can do is wait for now... and day drink while we ponder it.
              '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
              '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
              79 Trans Am project
              ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
                ... and day drink while we ponder it.
                That sounds like an excellent plan. As boB like to point out - you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Comment

I'm out in my shop every day, just to keep the inspiration going. On the plus side of this, I have found and been FINISHING a bunch of half done sidebar projects that have been buried, while doing the Once in a Decade of Shop cleaning.

Comment

Someone on the Long Haul group on Facebook just posted the following:

“Just got a call from the Best Western that we are staying at for Champaign Illinois stop that Power Tour has been postponed to August. Announcement to be made public soon.”
                    2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                      Someone on the Long Haul group on Facebook just posted the following:

“Just got a call from the Best Western that we are staying at for Champaign Illinois stop that Power Tour has been postponed to August. Announcement to be made public soon.”
                      I called hotels in Norwalk plus other stops and there hasn't been any info on being postponed sent to them. Also called Motor Trend @ Anthony Travel, they haven't heard either. Not saying it's postponed but thru my research it's still on as of today!

Comment

\_(°·°)_/

Comment

Originally posted by stroker al View Post
                          I called hotels in Norwalk plus other stops and there hasn't been any info on being postponed sent to them. Also called Motor Trend @ Anthony Travel, they haven't heard either. Not saying it's postponed but thru my research it's still on as of today!
                          I trust those sources more than "I got a call from a hotel employee". Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, though.
                          2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

INFO:
                            Just received a call from Summit Raceway Park, lady told me she had heard about PT cancel but not from HRPT and they are supposed to make announcement sometime next week. Gotta hope for the best !!!!
                            Big Al

Comment

?

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	1267574

Comment

We just saw this on the events website....
                                Madison Wisconsin venue CANCELLED....DAMN!
                                https://www.alliantenergycenter.com/...ageId/Calendar
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X