2020 Power Tour RESCHEDULED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Power Tour RESCHEDULED!

2020 Power Tour rescheduled (from June) to August 23rd to 29th with some venue changes. Yeah!!! It will now end at Chicagoland Speedway instead of Madison, WI. Yeah!!!
    Last edited by papasmurf587; April 23, 2020, 07:20 AM.
    John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
    Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

It's starting the week after Woodward, John. Maybe you could bring the Goat to Woodward and then just hang around for a week.
    Last edited by BluLightning; April 23, 2020, 07:11 AM.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      It's starting the week after Woodward, John. Maybe you could bring the Goat to Woodward and then just hang around for a week.
      hey boB...that is exactly what I am gonna try to work out. We are thinking alike.

Retirement is great so ya can make schedule changes like this happen.
      Last edited by papasmurf587; April 23, 2020, 07:22 AM.
      John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
      Western North Carolina

Comment

Luckily, I'll be retired by then too! The only question is, will we still be living in Ohio then or will we be in Michigan full time.
        I R Bob
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Who has the cheapest taxes
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            Who has the cheapest taxes
            Actually Dave, it's who has the bigger garage! That's Michigan.
            I R Bob

Comment

Anyone that wants to come help clean out the Ohio garage and move it to Michigan....will supply the beer!!
              Donna
              Williamston, MI
              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

We saved over $200 on hotels with the new dates. More souvenir and gas money.

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                  Anyone that wants to come help clean out the Ohio garage and move it to Michigan....will supply the beer!!
                  Donna, I’ve tried it both ways. For better results bring the beer out after the work is finished or bring the beer out during the work with various results. Option 1 no one stays around, ya end up finishing it yourself with a lot of beer left over. Option 2, well....who knows what will happen?
                  John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                  Western North Carolina

Comment

Summit Motorsports Park said they are not opening at all this year. Wonder what that means for HRPT.
                    2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Could it be more BS from Bill Bader?

He seems to bluster alot!

Comment

I have my doubts about them coming up with yet another venue. We’re still optimistic, but also coming up with a plan B because I’m not changing my vacation days again.

Comment

There's also 3 stops in Illinois which is pretty much still locked down from what I understand.
                          I R Bob

Comment

A MESSAGE FROM BILL BADER JR.

While planning what was to be a standout season of racing at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio, the Coronavirus hit.

Our country halted and hunkered down, and yet, I was hopeful that I would be able to open, as soon as possible, the facility that has been the source of pride and passion for my family for more than 50 years.

I was prepared to do whatever I needed to do to ensure that every guest who came through our gates would be safe while still experiencing everything that has helped Summit Motorsports Park stand out in the motorsports industry for so many years.

I was eager to present the fast cars and fireworks, the entertainment and excitement, and most of all, “The Norwalk Experience.” My team wanted the same.

I was confident that this year’s offerings, including the highly anticipated 43rd Annual Kelly Night Under Fire, would help us reach record attendance as we have so many times before.

But it was becoming apparent that I was not going to be able to accomplish all of that, as our country was still so adversely affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.

While faced with trying to produce events that would not, under current circumstances, hold up to the high standards that I set years ago when I took over the family business from my father, I was well aware that we had already lost 83 percent of our revenue for the year, and we wouldn’t be able to make the money we need to make to successfully sustain operations if we opened. In fact, we would lose money, and I can’t responsibly take that financial risk.

So I decided that I owed it to Summit Motorsports Park racers, race fans, sponsors and supporters to cancel this season, and start planning to make the 2021 season the most magnificent and monumental yet.

The majority of my team — whom, like you, I consider to be family — is laid off, so please be patient as I work to regroup and plan a most remarkable rebound that will show racers, race fans, sponsors and supporters why we’re America’s Racetrack.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for your support and for standing by me, my family, my team and Summit Motorsports Park in these turbulent and trying times. Here’s to a tremendous 2021 together.

May God Bless you and your family and God Bless America!

— Bill Bader Jr., President of Summit Motorsports Park
                            I R Bob

Comment

Another one down. Rt. 66 Raceway cancels races.

JOLIET, Ill. (June 3, 2020) — As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and extenuating uncertainties regarding the current situation, all NHRA sanctioned drag racing events scheduled for the remainder of 2020 at Route 66 Raceway have been cancelled. This includes the NHRA Nationals, originally slated for July 9-12.

The safety and well-being of our fans, competitors and community is our top priority during these challenging times. As we worked in concert with the promoters, our partners, and the competitors, it became clear that the cancellation of all remaining NHRA sanctioned drag racing events was the most prudent course of action for everyone involved. Concerns of operating in the current environment on the part of other touring event producers played a part in the overall decision as well.

Any paid admission, including but not limited to, grandstand seating, camping and fan hospitality that were purchased in advance on the ticketholder’s account will be eligible for a refund. Refunds will be processed back to the credit card used on the original order. If tickets were paid using another method of payment, a refund check will be issued and mailed to the ticketholder on file. Refunds could take up to 60 days. Every effort will be made to expedite your refund.

We appreciate the patience and patronage of our loyal fan base, as we have all had to navigate through this difficult period. Route 66 Raceway will continue to support the greater Chicagoland region through use of its facilities, volunteerism, and philanthropic efforts.
                              I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X