No announcement yet.

2020 Power Tour RESCHEDULED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they (NHRA) have cancelled all pro series races in June and July. They had rescheduled the Gator Nationals for this weekend but have now cancelled the rescheduled date as well.

Comment

We may have to pick a spot and just get together. What about Key West?
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

How about the Black Hills?
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We're up for anything. Our schedule is going to really open up in 22 days!
          I R Bob
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Hot Rod posted they're looking for an alternate site -

Following Summit Motorsports Park's decision to close for 2020 events, we are working diligently on a replacement venue for the August 23rd stop of HOT ROD Power Tour with consideration for our participants and sponsors. We will update soon with an alternative venue. Please check this page for updates.

The full list of NEW 2020 HOT ROD Power Tour stops will include:

KICKOFF on Sunday, Aug. 23: Venue TBD

Phil / Omaha

Comment

I have a feeling that's going to be pretty tough to pull off.
              I R Bob

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

...Shoulda been packing the Wagon for a roadtrip to Ohio tonight... ... we'll see how this plays out in the next few weeks.
                  '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                  '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                  79 Trans Am project
                  ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Hey guys, I’m sitting here at registration, where is everybody??? (NOT)

hope everyone is safe, well and see y’all soon!
                    John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                    Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      Yeah, they (NHRA) have cancelled all pro series races in June and July. They had rescheduled the Gator Nationals for this weekend but have now cancelled the rescheduled date as well.
                      Well, once again, things have changed
                      According to today's internet

NHRA starts July 11 & 12 at Indy - they are running an abbreviated 2 day schedule
                      SX STARTED on May 31st - all remaining races (7) are going to be held in Salt Lake City on Sunday's and Wednesday's
                      NASCAR - Published through June 21st - Talladega (not sure what happens after that)
                      F1 - starts July 3rd - 5th with only 8 races schedule so far (they run most weekends through their normal summer break)

Comment

I just was emailed a survey from HRPT. Just 6 questions. To me it Kinda seems like there trying to figure out if they need to find a replacement stop that has something to do like drag racing or if just a big parking lot.

I was really hoping this would be my first long haul year, but between Norwalk pulling out and 3 stops in IL, my confidence is low in this working out.

Comment

Originally posted by Vista461 View Post
                          I just was emailed a survey from HRPT. Just 6 questions. To me it Kinda seems like there trying to figure out if they need to find a replacement stop that has something to do like drag racing or if just a big parking lot.

I was really hoping this would be my first long haul year, but between Norwalk pulling out and 3 stops in IL, my confidence is low in this working out.
                          Got the same survey and I agree with you, seems like we're trying to figure out what's important to the participants.
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

​ In honor of the original 2020 power tour start date Sunday, we pulled the Goat out for the 1st time this year and drove part of the 2014 Day 1 route that started in Charlotte (PT’s 25th anniversary). We drove the section through Lake Lure, Chimney Rock toward Asheville NC. The only thing missing was 5000 of my best friends.
                            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                            Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                              Got the same survey and I agree with you, seems like we're trying to figure out what's important to the participants.
                              Yep, that was my thinking as well.

Since they're sticking with National Trail for day 2, I am wondering if they push kickoff up into Michigan (Milan?) or maybe back to the I-X Center which was a venue several years ago.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                              1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                              1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
                                ​ In honor of the original 2020 power tour start date Sunday, we pulled the Goat out for the 1st time this year and drove part of the 2014 Day 1 route that started in Charlotte (PT’s 25th anniversary). We drove the section through Lake Lure, Chimney Rock toward Asheville NC. The only thing missing was 5000 of my best friends.
                                I was there! That was one of the best PT drive days I've been on.
                                1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                                1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                                1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X