2020 Power Tour RESCHEDULED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    I was supposed to do hot laps there last week (they got rained out unfortunately) and they insisted no spectators, masks everywhere, and all buildings closed. Lot of covid waivers to sign beforehand too. So, while a nice idea, I doubt they will even entertain such a large event. I'd love to be wrong as it is a great venue otherwise.
    Dad takes the Boss there several times a year and he just told me yesterday that they were done for the rest of the year.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I heard Milan was opening up today, with spectators allowed.
      Donna
      Williamston, MI
      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Well we pulled the plug last night and had them move us to next year. Just don’t have the confidence in IL with 3 stops there. Guess 2021 will now be my first long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Dad takes the Boss there several times a year and he just told me yesterday that they were done for the rest of the year.
          I cant speak on racing at Mid-Ohio, but one of the guys I work with took his Mustang up there yesterday for a track day. They listed all sorts of stipulations, but when he called for clarification it sounded like they were more recommendations.

Acton is out as Health Director or whatever she was, so I anticipate more pressure put on Dewine to open sooner rather than later.
          '69 Oldsmobile 442
          '18 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife's vehicle)
          '20 Ram 1500 BigHorn (my daily)

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
            I'll keep an eye on my e-mail in that case. I just rescheduled a few days ago for course time on August 20th.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

unfortunately, we pulled the plug also. just too many uncertainties for now...next year will have to be epic!
              Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
              Gregg and Deb Miller
              Verona, Wi.

Comment

Based on all of the drop outs I've been seeing here and on the FB page, this might be the smallest PT (if it still happens) in 10/15 years. I'd really like to go just to see the difference in traffic and venues. If you're a traffic complainer, this may be your year!
                Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 16, 2020, 07:33 AM.
                1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                  Based on all of the drop outs I've been seeing here and on the FB page, this might be the smallest PT (if it still happens) in 15/20 years. I'd really like to go just to see the difference in traffic and venues. If you're a traffic complainer, this may be your year!
                  We were thinking the same thing. This might be the best one yet, as far as traffic goes. That's if it happens at all.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

That occurred to us too. But with the Trim-Five Nationals at Bowling Green cancelled the week before PT is even scheduled to start I do not have much confidence that it will actually go. Plus we had already been discussing what Vista461 pointed out about the three stops in Illinois. And it's not just the covid thing with Illinois. That is the only state that has refused to honor Laura's state employee discount at the motels. And considering how much the state government seems to screw over the citizens, I hate spending any of my (tax) money there. Yeah, I can be that way from time to time.
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if they're going to be able to pull it off. We're right on top of 2 months out with no announcement about the first date.
                      2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                      1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                      1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Laura noticed today that Summit Motorsports Park has now pulled the plug on all 2020 events. And that was on the PT site which now says that a new venue for the first stop is to be determined.
                        Last edited by 67 Malibu; June 21, 2020, 08:35 PM.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

And venue announcement by hot Rod Wednesday

Comment

Just sharing.....

From a Hot Rod Power Tour facebook page, from Anthony Travel to Brad Noon;

Just got an email from Hot Rod regarding replacement venue to take the place of Summit Motorsports Park on the 23rd.
                            They say the announcement of the new venue will come after the 4th holiday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	73322014_10224449667215713_1615107704308189375_o.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	1273577
                            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Thanks, 200. Finally some good news!
                              2016 Corvette Stingray "Ariel"

Comment

I hope they’re able to pull it off this year. I bowed out, but I hope it still happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X