No announcement yet.

2020 Power Tour RESCHEDULED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The HOT ROD Power Tour team will continue to monitor state and federal public health guidelines and requirements through August and will make further decisions as needed about the tour in response to public safety.

Comment

Well tommorow is supposed to be the announcement if the evidence is correct. Myself, I'm not sure if I still want to go. I can deal with the idiots down here not to sure of the ones north of me. It's been a sad state of affairs.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
        ... I can deal with the idiots down here not to sure of the ones north of me. It's been a sad state of affairs.
        Can we send ours up to you so you have fewer idiots south of you?

Comment

STILL NO START INFO !!!
          No Announced Start Point,
          And I didn't read the fine print,
          Yesterday was the Last Day to Opt Out Also !!!
          BOHICA

Comment

Yet another reason why I no longer pre-register before the two-week cut off date. Back when they used to give a discount for registering before January 30th, I did.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

maybe they will cut the first day and start in Hebron, or...?

Comment

I wouldn't mind if they started a day later and blew off Norwalk all together
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

There is a lead sled four day event in Salina KS on the 23rd if its not cancelled and my vacation isn't either. Cruise night auction street racing and car show.

Comment

Nope. Cancelled. And the Ottawa show in September too.
                    Last edited by stu yoakam; July 10, 2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

They cancelled the Ole' Marias River Run too?
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 11, 2020, 08:10 AM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Several posts of FB tonight that state "official" cancellation announcement will be made on Wednesday... we'll see if that holds true...
                        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                        79 Trans Am project
                        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

it's now officially cancelled - I just got this in my e-mail -

Dear Hot Rod Power Tour Participants,

After careful consideration and as a precaution, HOT ROD has decided not to move forward with the 2020 HOT ROD Power Tour, originally scheduled for August 23-29, 2020. The safety of the Power Tour’s participants, sponsors and staff is our top priority. We are looking forward to returning in June 2021 and continuing the tradition of the world’s largest traveling car show.

All registered participants will receive a full refund within 30 days. This includes past transfers that were made to 2021. All current HRPT Platinum and Gold Club ticketholders will receive an early chance to reserve these slots for 2021.

Please see the event pages for updates:
                          HOT ROD Power Tour
                          HOT ROD Drag Week

Thanks,
                          Hot Rod Events

Phil / Omaha

Comment

...and it's 100% official:

After careful consideration and as a precaution, HOT ROD has decided not to move forward with the 2020 HOT ROD Power Tour, originally scheduled for August 23-29, 2020. The safety of the Power Tour’s participants, sponsors and staff is our top priority. We are looking forward to returning in June 2021 and continuing the tradition of the world’s largest traveling car show. All registered participants will receive a notification email of the postponement and will receive a refund within 30 days. All Current HRPT Platinum and Gold Club ticketholders will receive a chance to reserve these slots for 2021.

The 26th HOT ROD Power Tour Presented by Chevrolet Performance is cancelled .

CANCELLED
                            KICKOFF on Sunday, Aug. 23: Venue TBD
                            Monday, Aug. 24: National Trail Raceway, Hebron, Ohio (New Date / New Venue)
                            Tuesday, Aug. 25: Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis (New Date / New Venue)
                            Wednesday, Aug. 26: World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway, Madison, Ill. (New Date)
                            Thursday, Aug. 27: University of Illinois - State Farm Center, Champaign, Ill. (New Date)
                            Friday, Aug. 28: Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, Davenport, Iowa (New Date)
                            FINALE on Saturday, Aug. 29: Chicagoland Speedway, Joliet, Ill. (New Date / New Venue)

All 2020 ticket holders will be refunded. This includes past participants that transferred their tickets to 2021.

We are dedicated to making the transition as simple for you as possible. The safety and welfare of our fans and their families is extremely important to us. Please stay safe and healthy and look forward to seeing you on the road next year!
                            The HOT ROD Power Tour event is billed as the largest traveling car show in the world.
                            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

RIP
                              Hot Rod Power Tour 2020........
                              Another Fatality Of Corvid 19 !!

Maybe Next Year ?????

Regards
                              Capt Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l400 (3).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1274665

Comment

Drag Week is cancelled too.

HOT ROD Drag Week is five-day competition event where drivers must subject their street-legal drag cars to road trips between daily drag racing events.
                                Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 15, 2020, 08:03 AM.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X