Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    C'mon April! I'm done with winter now.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Very cool! Does the outside of your smoker get hot to the touch?
    It gets warm but I wouldn't say hot. It's a pretty good unit and it's insulated well.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Here you go Allen. Brisket in the smoker this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoke2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	1287519
    Very cool! Does the outside of your smoker get hot to the touch?

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Here you go Allen. Brisket in the smoker this morning.

Name:	smoke2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	1287519

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied

We're good with pulled pork too....... I believe we're above the M-D line, probably why I'm COLD!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

I have heard you are quite the grill master. I am getting better as we grill a lot - 3 or 4 times a week typically but it is just basic stuff (fish and chicken mostly). I struggle the most with knowing when it is done. I am learning to use and trust thermometers more.
    I've got a bluetooth thermometer that connects to my phone. That way you check your temps remotely.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

Good deal. I've never smoked anything with my kettle because I've got a dedicated smoker.
    I have heard you are quite the grill master. I am getting better as we grill a lot - 3 or 4 times a week typically but it is just basic stuff (fish and chicken mostly). I struggle the most with knowing when it is done. I am learning to use and trust thermometers more.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

It turned out pretty good. The charcoal deal really worked well and made it easy to control/maintain the right temperature.
    Good deal. I've never smoked anything with my kettle because I've got a dedicated smoker.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    I was going to ask how it turned out. We're in no matter what is on the menu!
    It turned out pretty good. The charcoal deal really worked well and made it easy to control/maintain the right temperature.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    I was going to ask how it turned out. We're in no matter what is on the menu!

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    OK, everyone, you may have noticed a post in the Pondering thread, we tested a pulled pork barbeque today. It came out reasonable good, so Willow is going to suggest (demand) that we switch out the hot dogs for pulled pork on the menu! Not sure about you'all but that becomes a "yes dear" for me!

Now keep in mind that we live in Florida which is quite a bit south of "the south" so for all you that live below the Mason Dixon line and above us, you might want to go for the burgers (or be consuming mast quantities of adult beverages)!

Anyway, its early in the planning stage but wanted to give you a heads up to be thinking (drinking) about it so that we can firm up the plans in April.

Leave a comment:

• novadriver
    replied
    Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    I made reservations for the Dry Tortugas on Tuesday May 4. here's the link.....

https://yankeefreedom.zaui.net/booki...ate=2021-02-02
    We just book this one also.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    We are planning to visit relatives at St. Pete on Friday (no set time), we have hotel reservations for Friday night, flying out early Saturday morning......

Name:	20210203_085217.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	875.0 KB
ID:	1287146

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Allen, I dont know if you're this far along yet. I am assuming we will be back in the Bradenton area Thursday night, is this a fair assumption?
    You know what they say about assumptions - don't you?

Working backwards, is your return flight on Saturday or Sunday?
    I know you have in-laws to visit in the Tampa area before you go.
    I am pretty sure we are planning on leaving Key West some time Thursday but I don't believe we have to be back by Thursday night if there are other points of interest you want to see.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X