X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I haven't made any reservations for Sunday night as yet but I am still thinking I will book the HIE in Florida City
    HIE Hotel and Suites
    35200 S. Dixie Hwy
    Florida City, FL 33034
    (305) 247-3414

There is also a Hampton Inn
    Hampton Inn & Suites Miami South Homestead
    2855 NE 9th St
    Homestead, FL 33033
    (305) 257-7000

I am also still putting together a list of potential points of interest for the group.
    We booked a room at the HIE in Florida City. It is cancellable so we can move if need be.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Allen, was there a destination decided on for Sunday night? Homestead area, Florida City or are you thinking farther into the Keys? No pressure, just making sure I'm not missing something....
    I haven't made any reservations for Sunday night as yet but I am still thinking I will book the HIE in Florida City
    HIE Hotel and Suites
    35200 S. Dixie Hwy
    Florida City, FL 33034
    (305) 247-3414

There is also a Hampton Inn
    Hampton Inn & Suites Miami South Homestead
    2855 NE 9th St
    Homestead, FL 33033
    (305) 257-7000

I am also still putting together a list of potential points of interest for the group.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Allen, was there a destination decided on for Sunday night? Homestead area, Florida City or are you thinking farther into the Keys? No pressure, just making sure I'm not missing something....

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Hello Bruce, good to see you here! BTW I like Key Lime Pie, although all I've had is probably not exactly "authentic"......

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied
    only 1

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by cobra View Post
    ...allen, put me down as a solid maybe ...
    Will do - is that for 1 or 2?

Are you considering coming over here to start or meeting us down in Homestead?

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Some years ago, I spent a week in St. Augustine and it was very cool. Lots of history there.

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied
    whew, an hour later and i'm caught up on this thread.
    got a call from big dave telling me of this. allen, put me down as a solid maybe. have to rearrange some stuff.

some notes - conch is the meat of those pink shells you see people blowing through. they are illegal to harvest in florida, so you have to get the meat from the bahamas. i grew up with my dad's recipe....and moms key lime pie.

my friend tara, hosts the flacarshow website, so i can talk to her to see if anything is going on then.

biscayane park is at the end of the road. the seaquarium is on the way. the home dock seen on flipper was filmed here. i don't know if they still have it up.

miami beach is expensive and sort of hip place, if you are into it. good food, nightlife.

if you are into history, on the way out of the state i suggest st. augustine.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	R3cb0963a604d42abef0b9c80d93671a4.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1286520

Rental drop top reservation made.......
    We're still debating but I think it's going to be the Solstice especially if I get the new intake, charge tubes and tune in it.

Name:	tubes.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	938.4 KB
ID:	1286537

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied

Name:	R3cb0963a604d42abef0b9c80d93671a4.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1286520

Rental drop top reservation made.......

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by novadriver View Post
    Oh my I have not been on here in a while! Damn would anyone mind if I jump maybe jump onto this trip? That is if I can talk the wife into it. Key West is one of my Bucket List Places to hit. and I think the Nova our New Camaro would make it.
    you guys are always welcome!

Leave a comment:

• novadriver
    replied
    Oh my I have not been on here in a while! Damn would anyone mind if I jump maybe jump onto this trip? That is if I can talk the wife into it. Key West is one of my Bucket List Places to hit. and I think the Nova our New Camaro would make it.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Here's some links about Ted Smallwood's Store, very interesting.......

Smallwood Store in Chokoloskee: An Everglades icon (floridarambler.com)

Ted Smallwood's Store - Welcome to Paradise! (visitevergladescity.com)

Everglades Florida, Hotels, Restaurants, Fishing, Attractions, Dining (florida-everglades.com)

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Originally posted by 59brook View Post
    ok so down by the big cypress you will see lots of alligators and alligator gars. another place right near there is shark river state park where you can walk withn a few ft of alligators sunning themselves with no barrier between you and them.
    furthur down towards the keys i believe in islamaroda is robbies where you can feed the tarpon. they get big enough that a few weeks after we took my youngest daughter
    a grown man had one latch onto his arm and try to swallow it luckily he didn't get far.
    Thank you for your input and recommendations,

Walking with the Alligators sounds like some sort of reality television show.

I'm finding great humor in your description of the Tarpon....... my wife not so much......

Leave a comment:

• 59brook
    replied
    man does this website still have issues or is it just me? ok so down by the big cypress you will see lots of alligators and alligator gars. another place right near there is shark river state park where you can walk withn a few ft of alligators sunning themselves with no barrier between you and them. there is also a tram with takes you out to an observation deck. last time we took the tram we counted 50+ alligators sunning themselves. there is also ted smallwoods store down the road which is an old trading post.. it is a shame but in the everglades there is a nike missle site dating back to the cold war but the tours have usually stopped by then due to the heat and bugs. heading down to key west there is a toll road called card sound road which has alabama jacks restaurant which is a neat place to stop. furthur down towards the keys i believe in islamaroda is robbies where you can feed the tarpon.. they get big enough that a few weeks after we took my youngest daughter a grown man had one latch onto his arm and try to swallow it luckily he didn't get far. you also have theater of the sea which has some neat attractions iforgot to mention corkscrew sanctuary on the west coast. they have a neat boardwalk through the swamp you can walk . not sure if i can make it yet as i have had tickets to the indy 500 since last year and it's a bucket list item for me and there is only so much time i can get off ( sometimes it sucks to be the boss)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X