No announcement yet.

Road Trip Key West 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're still playing it by ear with our plans. We're supposed to be in Talladega April 23-26 if they allow fans at the race. If that happens, we'll do a leisurely cruise down the coast to Bradenton and meet up with everybody.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• We usually have to apply for vacation in February but who knows what this year will be like? Everything lined up last year but then got cancelled. I was even off on NYE. Not that I had plans.
      Last edited by stu yoakam; January 15, 2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CP_Key_West_Postcard.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1286141

Thanks for fixing it!!
        Back to posting ridiculous nonimportant stuff.
        Northwest winds 40 to 80 MPH with a couple inches of snow here..... I'm ready to go now.....
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
          Click image for larger version

Thanks for fixing it!!
          Northwest winds 40 to 80 MPH with a couple inches of snow here..... I'm ready to go now.....
          From what I hear - cars break down in Key West. Maybe you need to become a snowbird mechanic!

Comment

Thanks for fixing it!!
            We don't have the winds but we're getting a little snow. All the toys are put away.

Name:	barn.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	1286156
            I R Bob
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• hello all it's been a while since i've been on here life and work seem to get in the way of fun.I've been reading through this post and had some ideas for you'all . not sure if it will be a wrench in the works or some fun things to do.

Comment

• man does this website still have issues or is it just me? ok so down by the big cypress you will see lots of alligators and alligator gars. another place right near there is shark river state park where you can walk withn a few ft of alligators sunning themselves with no barrier between you and them. there is also a tram with takes you out to an observation deck. last time we took the tram we counted 50+ alligators sunning themselves. there is also ted smallwoods store down the road which is an old trading post.. it is a shame but in the everglades there is a nike missle site dating back to the cold war but the tours have usually stopped by then due to the heat and bugs. heading down to key west there is a toll road called card sound road which has alabama jacks restaurant which is a neat place to stop. furthur down towards the keys i believe in islamaroda is robbies where you can feed the tarpon.. they get big enough that a few weeks after we took my youngest daughter a grown man had one latch onto his arm and try to swallow it luckily he didn't get far. you also have theater of the sea which has some neat attractions iforgot to mention corkscrew sanctuary on the west coast. they have a neat boardwalk through the swamp you can walk . not sure if i can make it yet as i have had tickets to the indy 500 since last year and it's a bucket list item for me and there is only so much time i can get off ( sometimes it sucks to be the boss)

Comment

• Originally posted by 59brook View Post
                  ok so down by the big cypress you will see lots of alligators and alligator gars. another place right near there is shark river state park where you can walk withn a few ft of alligators sunning themselves with no barrier between you and them.
                  furthur down towards the keys i believe in islamaroda is robbies where you can feed the tarpon. they get big enough that a few weeks after we took my youngest daughter
                  a grown man had one latch onto his arm and try to swallow it luckily he didn't get far.
                  Thank you for your input and recommendations,

Walking with the Alligators sounds like some sort of reality television show.

I'm finding great humor in your description of the Tarpon....... my wife not so much......
                  200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                  Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Here's some links about Ted Smallwood's Store, very interesting.......

Smallwood Store in Chokoloskee: An Everglades icon (floridarambler.com)

Ted Smallwood's Store - Welcome to Paradise! (visitevergladescity.com)

Everglades Florida, Hotels, Restaurants, Fishing, Attractions, Dining (florida-everglades.com)

Comment

• Oh my I have not been on here in a while! Damn would anyone mind if I jump maybe jump onto this trip? That is if I can talk the wife into it. Key West is one of my Bucket List Places to hit. and I think the Nova our New Camaro would make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                        Oh my I have not been on here in a while! Damn would anyone mind if I jump maybe jump onto this trip? That is if I can talk the wife into it. Key West is one of my Bucket List Places to hit. and I think the Nova our New Camaro would make it.
                        you guys are always welcome!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	R3cb0963a604d42abef0b9c80d93671a4.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1286520

Rental drop top reservation made.......

Comment

Name:	R3cb0963a604d42abef0b9c80d93671a4.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1286520

Rental drop top reservation made.......
                            We're still debating but I think it's going to be the Solstice especially if I get the new intake, charge tubes and tune in it.

Name:	tubes.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	938.4 KB
ID:	1286537
                            I R Bob

Comment

• whew, an hour later and i'm caught up on this thread.
                              got a call from big dave telling me of this. allen, put me down as a solid maybe. have to rearrange some stuff.

some notes - conch is the meat of those pink shells you see people blowing through. they are illegal to harvest in florida, so you have to get the meat from the bahamas. i grew up with my dad's recipe....and moms key lime pie.

my friend tara, hosts the flacarshow website, so i can talk to her to see if anything is going on then.

biscayane park is at the end of the road. the seaquarium is on the way. the home dock seen on flipper was filmed here. i don't know if they still have it up.

miami beach is expensive and sort of hip place, if you are into it. good food, nightlife.

if you are into history, on the way out of the state i suggest st. augustine.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Some years ago, I spent a week in St. Augustine and it was very cool. Lots of history there.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X