Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200WINS
    replied
    Why am I being redirected when I click various places here, link goes to streamcompletelystrongco.best or fluidcloudapps.com , I also get a notification bangshift.com website wants to show notification, allow or deny.

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    Sounds like we might have a big group. Am excited about going, looking forward to the drive thru the keys on the way there.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Happy Friday!!

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
    Uh Alan, we are a yes. One of the first ones Booked. I know, memory is one of the first things to go.
    Thanks Perry - I thought you were waiting to hear about John's schedule to be sure. I will update my list.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Uh Alan, we are a yes. One of the first ones Booked. I know, memory is one of the first things to go.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
    ... $300 bucks a night might be a deal breaker...
    Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the room prices but that seems to be the going rate down there.

Leave a comment:

• 173rdherd
    replied
    we are a maybe....might have problems with school, not sure of schedule for 2nd semester. Also $300 bucks a night might be a deal breaker. we'll see

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    For those that are considering joining us, please let me know if you are a YES or a MAYBE. I am keeping a list to help a little with the planning / logistics.
    What I have now is George & Teri, Bob & Donna, Big Dave - YES
    Perry & John, Chris & Teresa - MAYBE
    and one Jehovah's Witness recruiter

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender
    replied
    One more thing. We went to Key West a few years ago and did all the tourist trap things, and enjoyed every one of them. Hemingway's house, Treasure Hunter Mel Fisher's museum and Jenny especially liked the butterfly museum. My favorite place was on Big Key, a hidden and famous unknown bar called The NO Name Bar. Well it wasn't unknown but it was Very difficult to find. As a bonus that is where the Key Deer are. Mother Nature . . . I mean Jenny, kissed one on the nose, but luckily didn't get caught and arrested.

There is also a "tree house" restaurant near Duval street that has the islands best Key Lime pie ! It was our fav restaurant.

Islamorada has Hemmingway's boat in Bass Pro which was a good stop. But the islands gem is the Lorelei bar and restaurant. Can't beat the sunset parties !

Just things to think about this WINTER ! DTB

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender
    replied

Just because we are temporarily homeless, doesn't mean we can't find some fun stuff to do. Depending on your interests, there is Tiki Bar hoppin, visiting the smallest police station in the country, visiting the Panacea Marine Lab with touch tanks, we had glass bottom boat tours at Wakulla Springs (not sure if they are still doing that), and various other things such as shopping, eating, and visiting micro breweries in Apalachicola.

We are on the Forgotten Coast but there are a few things to do. Plus, Bob there will be Miller Lite at our own "Handlebar !"

No Julie McCord DTB

Leave a comment:

• Big Dave
    replied
    Reservation made

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Looks like we might be making it a 2 week vacation starting in Talladega the weekend before. Have a nice leisurely cruise along the gulf, maybe visit Dave the Bartender. Now we just have to find a dog sitter.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Jamie Lee Curtis was hot in that movie

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Florida Keys are accustom to Hollywood, two movies that come to mind are James Bond License to Kill and True Lies, both movies had dramatic scenes shot on Seven Mile Bridge (the old bridge). Here's a link to how they blew up the bridge in True Lies. https://beforesandafters.com/2019/07...way-miniature/

Click image for larger version

Name:	True_Lies_Causeway_Mini_Crew-1024x806.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	1281935

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Sooo, it is sounding more like a 2+ week trip!
    Hopefully we can get another stimulus check to help pay for hotel rooms down there.
    I may need to consider changing zip codes.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X