No announcement yet.

Road Trip Key West 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To qualify what Allen said..... The car show was low on the list of priorities for the event, and to be judged was even lower. Sunday after the parade we did participate in the Show and Shine for a little while. So breaking down the cost of registration, by Sunday morning I believe it was determined there was still about $14 worth of fun to be had. I must say I had at least $20 worth of entertainment watching the CSTMWGN in my mirror. Remember MOPAR Jim's difficulty deceifering the red note card in the registration packet? There were others that had a hard time with it too. All I can say is, I really wish I would have had the go pro on my deck lid. That Ford Wagon 588 Cubic Inch monster is super impressive!! Wow.... just WOW!! Allen has done an incredible job with his car and to vacation near 6000 miles with that kind of combination is a feat not many of us will ever achieve. Thanks to everyone that came, we really enjoyed your company.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4378.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	1279954

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200908-081133.png
Views:	155
Size:	867.8 KB
ID:	1279950 Downtown Deadwood this morning, Lead and Terry Peak near Lewis's received 9 inches of wet heavy snow.....
      Wow! It was a great get together! Thanks for the idea and invite!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Looks like we got out of there just in time!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Glad we weren’t there, hope everyone had a safe trip back home!

Comment

• I agree, and their timing with the weather is impeccable.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Did Mike (173rdheard) and the Fabulous Susan K make it back home safely?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                Did Mike (173rdheard) and the Fabulous Susan K make it back home safely?
                Yep. Susie gave us the news. Got their part, too.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Looks like a great trip for everyone, we have been out there 2 times in the last 3 years and love everything from Sedona Az all the way up to Montana.

Will there be a trip to Kool Deadwood Nights next year? I am guessing PT will follow the same cities it had for this year, which I have been to multiple times. I am thinking a tour out west instead would be lots of fun.

Comment

• August 25-29, 2021

https://www.tinlizzie.com/events/koo...0headquarters.

Kool Deadwood Nites brings together 5 days full of cars, concerts & oldies fun every August. Enjoy a parade, show & shine and FREE concerts on Main Street.

Last edited by 200WINS; September 9, 2020, 10:12 AM.
                    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• We had fun at Deadwood, and this was a great event. Personally I'd like to see more places, and National Parks like Doug has done with the Western Scenic Tour. So what kind of places are near you? Allen, what would it take to see the Everglades, Biscayne and others in Florida?

Comment

• Here's a complete list of the national parks in Florida, including everything you need to begin planning your visit. Plus, download a free checklist!

Comment

• Well, I may not be the best tour guide for Florida as most of the time when we go somewhere it is north of here. With that said, we like to snorkel so I have been to the Dry Tortugas a couple of times. It is a cool 45min - 1 hour ride on a fast catamaran. The fort is in pretty bad shape but the snorkeling is decent. I have also been to John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. The snorkeling was also pretty good there. And of course, there is always the Duval Crawl (Key West). Never been into the Everglades (well, maybe just to drive through it) so I can't speak to it. If you go, bring your big snake gear as rumor has it there are LOTS of pythons down there. Driving from Homestead to Key West is cool - a little slow but still a neat drive. Lots to eat and drink in and around Key West. Key West Power Cruise use to be something that looked interesting but I believe it is dead now. IF you had the patience - you could drive down A1A (1 at times) on the east coast then out to the keys and back up the gulf side US41 (Tamiami Trail) and hit most of the barrier islands, then up US 19/US 98 to visit with Dave the Bartender in Sopchoppy. I suspect you northerners would want to do something like this in early spring or late fall as it can get a bit moist in June - September

Comment

• We’ve been to the Black Hills, D-Tower area several times and Love every visit. We would do it again in a heartbeat. This year wasn’t good timing, but early prep and pre-planning would definitely put it on the calendar! Even Florida or ??? would be fine for a road trip. I did really miss seeing the BS gang on the PT, but many are correct about revisiting previous venues. I’m at a point where I’d rather spend more time with friends than go back to the same places. The routes do vary some, but there are only so many variations of crossing Illinois and Indiana... it’s all starting to look the same.
                            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                            79 Trans Am project
                            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Agree it would be nice to do something different and especially if you grew up in Indiana. The Florida scene would be good then I could see more than highway 1 to Key West!

Comment

• Allen, what would be a reasonable idea from the Tampa area going south and driving to Key West? See Key West, and what ever is on the way, have a beach day, maybe go to Dry Tortugas. No particular date, March - April, September - October. How many days would be realistic? I know there's much more traffic and people than where I live, I would love to see some of Miami, but that seems way too busy for me..... Just a conversation for now, Thank you.....

Comment

Working...
                                X