Road Trip Key West 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Yikes George! I'm still wearing shorts and flip flops. Mom and Dad are here and we're heading up to Traverse City for Beer Week!
    Enjoy Beer Week, but you might consider closed toe shoes and a warm hat........
    Snow will be gone in a couple more days, 40's and 50's next week then back to the ice box.......
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Is 61 here today, just put away the deck furniture and put out a few more Christmas lights. Won't turn them on till after Thanksgiving but much nicer putting them up with its 60 then 30 and windy.
      Donna
      Williamston, MI
      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• ​Waiting for Snow...... none in the forecast.....
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
          ​Waiting for Snow...... none in the forecast.....
          Us too!

Comment

• Dana5 - sorry I can't seem to respond to your PM with the way this site is working now.
            Key West is open to all who are interested. This is going to be a minimally organized event - I am hoping to put out a list of potential points of interest and then let each person/car/group choose the ones that interest them the most. I am suspecting that we will need to stop somewhere in the keys the first night. I have some friends that like Marathon but I am thinking we might need to stop in either Homestead or Key Largo if we are going to spend some time in the Everglades.

I think it is going to be a 50/50 mix on old cars vs rentals. I suspect Big Dave and Perry will bring PowerTour iron (not sure if Perry will have one of his older projects road worthy by spring). John and Kathy are coming in the Goat. Bob and Donna are still trying to decide what they are bringing. We will be taking the wagon. BelAir Bob (local down here) will be in his 57 and I believe that another friend from down here will be in one of his 60s rides.

You would be more than welcome to attend. Maybe you can get together with Big Dave and Perry and caravan down together.

Comment

• Sounds Great , I'll keep checking the site or you can email Nancy
              [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by dana5 View Post
                Sounds Great , I'll keep checking the site or you can email Nancy
                [email protected]
                You might want to look in to booking rooms in Key West if you haven't already. Things can fill up quickly down there.

Comment

• Do you have a list of rooms and citys ?

Comment

• Hotel Reservations - This is the only one we have made so far

Silver Palms Inn - Key West
                    830 Truman Avenue
                    Key West, FL 33040
                    (305) 294-8700
                    May 3 - May 6 (3 nights)

Other potentials would be:
                    Palmetto/Bradenton for Saturday night
                    Newest - at the marina
                    SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bradenton Downtown/Riverfront
                    $118
                    2-star hotel
                    102 12th St W, Bradenton, FL 34205 (941) 226-2200

Old building but supposedly remodeled
                    Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
                    $110
                    3-star hotel
                    309 10th St W, Bradenton, FL 34205 (941) 746-9400

Near the river
                    Courtyard by Marriott Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront
                    $129
                    3-star hotel
                    100 Riverfront Dr. West, Bradenton, FL 34205 (941) 747-3727

Homestead/Key Largo for Sunday night
                    Leaning towards the HIE in Homestead

This is very early in the process but here is the schedule I have been working on:

2021 Key West Cruise

May 1st
                    Barbeque at our house - burgers and dogs

May 2nd
                    Depart at 8:00am
                    Stop at Big Cypress Preserve visitor center
                    Stop at the smallest post office
                    Stop at the Everglades National Park - COE visitor center
                    Stop at the Everglades National Park - Flamingo visitor center
                    Stop in Homestead or Key Largo for the night

May 3rd
                    Stop at John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
                    Stop at various tourist sites on the way to Key West
                    . Bahia Honda
                    . Big Pine Key -“ National Key Deer Refuge
                    Check in to the hotel
                    Duval Street

May 4th
                    Go to the Dry Tortugas
                    Duval Street

May 5th
                    Cinco de Mayo -“ Tequila and Key Lime pie
                    Fort Zackery Taylor State Park
                    Hemingway Home and Museum
                    Duval Street

May 6th
                    Check out of hotel
                    The rest of this is unresearched
                    Stop at Biscayne Bay Visitor Center (exact location is unknown at this time)
                    Stop at Lake Okeechobee (maybe lunch)

But just like on Power Tour - this is your vacation so you need to pick and choose which if any of these you are interested in.

If there are other points of interest to anyone - please chime in
                    Last edited by cstmwgn; December 17, 2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=cstmwgn;n1285029]Dana5 - sorry I can't seem to respond to your PM with the way this site is working now.
                      Key West is open to all who are interested. This is going to be a minimally organized event - I am hoping to put out a list of potential points of interest and then let each person/car/group choose the ones that interest them the most. I am suspecting that we will need to stop somewhere in the keys the first night. I have some friends that like Marathon but I am thinking we might need to stop in either Homestead or Key Largo if we are going to spend some time in the Everglades.

I think it is going to be a 50/50 mix on old cars vs rentals. I suspect Big Dave and Perry will bring PowerTour iron (not sure if Perry will have one of his older projects road worthy by spring). John and Kathy are coming in the Goat. Bob and Donna are still trying to decide what they are bringing. We will be taking the wagon. BelAir Bob (local down here) will be in his 57 and I believe that another friend from down here will be in one of his 60s rides.

You would be more than welcome to attend. Maybe you can get together with Big Dave and Perry and caravan down
                      ​​​​​I resemble that remark, if the Impala isn't ready we'll be in the Vette
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• We will be in Talladega April 23-26. After that we'll be heading toward Florida along the gulf coast. Hopefully we'll hook up with Big Dave somewhere.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Is anyone ever going to fix this forum board?? Malwarebytes is going nuts.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                            Is anyone ever going to fix this forum board?? Malwarebytes is going nuts.....
                            It's been going on for months so I'm guessing they've given up on it.
                            I R Bob
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Hey Y’all. This thread kept locking up my device, I got “P’d” and walked away from it for a couple months. Seems to be OK tonight. Good to see the Key West tour is still on course ( well maybe not the right term for this group ) and we’re lookin’ forward to seein everyone, with 3” of snow on the ground here in NC it can’t come soon enough.
                              Last edited by papasmurf587; January 12, 2021, 08:05 PM.
                              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                              Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
                                Hey Y’all. This thread kept locking up my device, I got “P’d” and walked away from it for a couple months. Seems to be OK tonight. Good to see the Key West tour is still on course ( well maybe not the right term for this group ) and we’re lookin’ forward to seein everyone, with 3” of snow on the ground here in NC it can’t come soon enough.
                                Oh wow, I think they fixed the site! Yay, thanks guys!
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X