Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
    "Ochopee Post Office (for Willow and I this will be an 80mph drive by!)"

OK Allen. I'll bite. Why will this be an 80mph drive-by for you guys?
    Not much to see

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post
      OK, I'm booked at the HEI in FL, City as well. I want to look into a sunset boat ride while in Key West, Dose anyone want to go in on a charter if I find one for a group rate? I can start looking into it. Just tell me a head count.
      A soft maybe for us. We are planning on going to the Dry Tortugas on the 4th (Tuesday) which most likely will satisfy our boating activities.

Comment

• Will have to put in for vacation soon. No idea what this year will be like. A couple of things have already been canceled. Others not posted yet that would normally be. Not to mention I gave the plumber 2k and not done yet.

Comment

• Allen, I dont know if you're this far along yet. I am assuming we will be back in the Bradenton area Thursday night, is this a fair assumption?
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• I made reservations for the Dry Tortugas on Tuesday May 4. here's the link.....

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
              Allen, I dont know if you're this far along yet. I am assuming we will be back in the Bradenton area Thursday night, is this a fair assumption?
              I think we'll be going home up the East coast of Florida so probably not back to Bradenton.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Allen, I dont know if you're this far along yet. I am assuming we will be back in the Bradenton area Thursday night, is this a fair assumption?
                You know what they say about assumptions - don't you?

Working backwards, is your return flight on Saturday or Sunday?
                I know you have in-laws to visit in the Tampa area before you go.
                I am pretty sure we are planning on leaving Key West some time Thursday but I don't believe we have to be back by Thursday night if there are other points of interest you want to see.

Comment

• We are planning to visit relatives at St. Pete on Friday (no set time), we have hotel reservations for Friday night, flying out early Saturday morning......

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210203_085217.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	875.0 KB
ID:	1287146

Comment

I made reservations for the Dry Tortugas on Tuesday May 4. here's the link.....

https://yankeefreedom.zaui.net/booki...ate=2021-02-02
                    We just book this one also.

Comment

• OK, everyone, you may have noticed a post in the Pondering thread, we tested a pulled pork barbeque today. It came out reasonable good, so Willow is going to suggest (demand) that we switch out the hot dogs for pulled pork on the menu! Not sure about you'all but that becomes a "yes dear" for me!

Now keep in mind that we live in Florida which is quite a bit south of "the south" so for all you that live below the Mason Dixon line and above us, you might want to go for the burgers (or be consuming mast quantities of adult beverages)!

Anyway, its early in the planning stage but wanted to give you a heads up to be thinking (drinking) about it so that we can firm up the plans in April.

Comment

• I was going to ask how it turned out. We're in no matter what is on the menu!
                        I R Bob
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          I was going to ask how it turned out. We're in no matter what is on the menu!
                          It turned out pretty good. The charcoal deal really worked well and made it easy to control/maintain the right temperature.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

It turned out pretty good. The charcoal deal really worked well and made it easy to control/maintain the right temperature.
                            Good deal. I've never smoked anything with my kettle because I've got a dedicated smoker.
                            I R Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Good deal. I've never smoked anything with my kettle because I've got a dedicated smoker.
                              I have heard you are quite the grill master. I am getting better as we grill a lot - 3 or 4 times a week typically but it is just basic stuff (fish and chicken mostly). I struggle the most with knowing when it is done. I am learning to use and trust thermometers more.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I have heard you are quite the grill master. I am getting better as we grill a lot - 3 or 4 times a week typically but it is just basic stuff (fish and chicken mostly). I struggle the most with knowing when it is done. I am learning to use and trust thermometers more.
                                I've got a bluetooth thermometer that connects to my phone. That way you check your temps remotely.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X