Road Trip Key West 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cobra View Post

so you no longer live on a canal? i was thinking of bringing a tent and bathing in the canal
    Nope! Tent will be OK but be sure to bring your fire ant bait!

Comment

• We just booked a room for May 1st.

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bradenton-Lakewood Ranch, FL
      5610 Manor Hill Lane, Bradenton, Florida 34203
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
        We just booked a room for May 1st.

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bradenton-Lakewood Ranch, FL
        5610 Manor Hill Lane, Bradenton, Florida 34203
        This area (I75 & SR 70) will be convenient for the trip south for those of you that want to move or make reservations down there. It is about 15 miles from our house.
        There are also a lot of hotels one exit north (SR 64) that are often occupied by the racers going to Bradenton Motorsports Park (DeSoto drag strip). Some of these are OK - some not so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Nope! Tent will be OK but be sure to bring your fire ant bait!
          are you kidding.... i buy that stuff by the pound
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Decided to move my May 1 hotel down to the HEI off of SR70.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Well a slight change, Robert has decided he wants to go so the boy's from LA ride again.
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Well I was talking to Big Dave this past week and he has convinced me I needed to join all of you, so I will be meeting up with Dave & Perry and the boys in Fla somewhere. Randevu point to be detirmined. I think Tallahassee is going to be close. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I will be coming down I-85 south from SC if anybody else in the area wants to tag along. I'll be driving the 71 C-10.
                Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                  Well I was talking to Big Dave this past week and he has convinced me I needed to join all of you, so I will be meeting up with Dave & Perry and the boys in Fla somewhere. Randevu point to be detirmined. I think Tallahassee is going to be close. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I will be coming down I-85 south from SC if anybody else in the area wants to tag along. I'll be driving the 71 C-10.
                  Sounds good Andy. Are you going to be solo or with chaperones?
                  Last edited by cstmwgn; February 21, 2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Sounds good Andy. Are you going to be solo or with chaperones?
                    I will be solo. I was going to have the wife fly down to some place toward Miami and join me but we just got custody of our 4 year old grand son so she said how would that work in my truck. Its got bucket seat's so she said go enjoy.
                    She then said she was going to buy all new furniture for the beach house so we are even! Funny how that works, and I'm good for pulled pork. I love it. I can even bring some Good home made South Carolina sauce to. I'll have the wife mix up a gallon of it. Looking forward to this trip. I've always wanted to see the keys and drive the bridges.

Comment

• I'm going to ask and hope it doesn't make anyone mad. On this Florida tour do we need to have a mask? I have them and will wear it if need be. But I really don't like to seeing how I have a breathing problem already having asbestos. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable with it. So I'm asking now. When we are at stops and meeting do we need to wear them?
                      I figured it be good to know how everyone feels about it up front.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                        I'm going to ask and hope it doesn't make anyone mad. On this Florida tour do we need to have a mask? I have them and will wear it if need be. But I really don't like to seeing how I have a breathing problem already having asbestos. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable with it. So I'm asking now. When we are at stops and meeting do we need to wear them?
                        I figured it be good to know how everyone feels about it up front.
                        Its a mixed bag as far as masks go, most stores/establishments require them but I still see some people without them. We wear them when we go in places. I am not sure about the Keys - I suspect that it will be similar down there. They will say masks required but not be overly strict about enforcing it. I put mine on my wrist when I leave the house so that I have it with me when/if needed.

The daily new case numbers are declining after the holidays but still seems to be active down here.

Comment

• Thanks, yea we haven't been hearing as much about it either here also. I was just asking to have a idea what to expect. Yea they aren't enforcing it here either but the wife had a snowbird here cuss her in the parking lot of the grocery store back this summer for not having hers on in the golf cart when she pulled up. She looked at him told him he wasn't even suppose to be here because of the travel band. He said how do you know I'm not from here she said your NJ tag is dead give away. She said his son was shaking his head in shame of his dad.

Comment

• It was 65* here today and sun shining all day! I spent the day working on my $420.00 golf cart to flip. Try and make some spending money for the trip to Key west before we go. Installed new rear bushings and checked the brakes. Got the batteries charged up but the motor was locked down. Taking it Monday to have it rebuilt. This thing looks like it went deep sea driving. Hope to have it back together in couple weeks and sell it for some spending money on the trip south.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Motel off 75, 64,and 93 in Bradenton south of Allen's for the night. Motel 6 for $60.00 a night, yea I'm cheap basterd when it just me in the room.

Comment

• We're looking to stop here on the way from Talladega to Florida. Looks like fun.

The most famous beach bar in the country. The Flora-Bama Lounge, is located famously in Orange Beach, Alabama and Perdido Key, Florida. It has long been a landmark of the Gulf Shores community and provides live entertainment 365 days a year. Also the home of the Bushwacker, with live music every day.
                                I R Bob
                                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X