No announcement yet.

Road Trip Key West 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNG is f'ing new guy. That will change the more you post.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Can you let me know what your number is? Then we can call or text to coordinate.
      you will have to leave a message the 1st time, as i wont know your number, so wont answer,
      Last edited by cobra; March 3, 2021, 04:19 PM.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by HankGTO View Post
        Thanks again for the information. I'm thinking about it, about the same distance to get there than from Michigan for me. It looks like the post signature edit worked. Now, how does one get a 'title' and whatever that communication meme bubble thingy is by the avatar picture? I have no idea what the 'FNG' is below my pic.
        F'ing New Guy
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Welcome aboard Hank. You'll like this bunch.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Folks, new here, or at least to actually registered and posting. My Interest is obviously Cruising Power Tour, etc. I agree that PT 2021 prospects do not look good. However, I have always wanted to make a run down to Key West and ran across you guys. No guarantee I will do it this year, BUT maybe. About how many cars do you or have you had running down there? Hank
            Hello Hank
            I am keeping an informal list of folks - how many in your group?
            Are you thinking of joining us for the barbecue on Saturday?

Comment

• Welcome Hank!
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Alrighty then, Thanks for the Hello(s) and Welcome(s). I see how this is, nice crowd, being the 'FNG', but I'll get over it. Not my first Rodeo, or something like that.

Wagon Master - you can put me on the maybe list. It would probably be just me and my 69 GTO cruise mobile. It needs more miles on its original Muncie. BBQ, sure, if I go, kinda depends where. I am supposed to be fishing on Lake Ontario the week before, but with the latest virus restrictions in NY, that is out. I'm also supposed to be re-wiring my 65 GTO so I and son can put her new engine/4 spd in, to get her ready for some 1/4 mile action this summer. Soooo, at least a week doing Key West, (probably our only Texas week of spring weather), I'm not sure at this time. I will keep checking and thinking and will certainly let ya'll know. Also have 2 great-grandsons due this month, so, busy, busy, busy as we all are.

Hank
                Hank

HRPT Long Haul 2013, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 23 West
                Cruisn' The Coast 2019, 21
                GTOAA Route 66 2018, GTOAA Convention 2023
                Tour Nebraska 2023

Comment

• c'mon fellas, it could mean f*ing new GIRL too. We're equal opportunity here.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Alrighty then, Thanks for the Hello(s) and Welcome(s). I see how this is, nice crowd, being the 'FNG', but I'll get over it. Not my first Rodeo, or something like that.

Wagon Master - you can put me on the maybe list. It would probably be just me and my 69 GTO cruise mobile. It needs more miles on its original Muncie. BBQ, sure, if I go, kinda depends where. I am supposed to be fishing on Lake Ontario the week before, but with the latest virus restrictions in NY, that is out. I'm also supposed to be re-wiring my 65 GTO so I and son can put her new engine/4 spd in, to get her ready for some 1/4 mile action this summer. Soooo, at least a week doing Key West, (probably our only Texas week of spring weather), I'm not sure at this time. I will keep checking and thinking and will certainly let ya'll know. Also have 2 great-grandsons due this month, so, busy, busy, busy as we all are.

Hank
                    65 GTO???? That's my dream car. Got any pics?
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Blue Cooler, yes, I just happen to have some pics. Now, before any Pontiac 'Purists' start my FNG trip under the Bangshift bus, this 65 GTO is about 1 1/2 years new to me (and co-racer son). Nothing was original concerning the drivetrain, perfect for our plans. It is an original 'P' code Iris Mist GTO (PHS documentation, we know, 1 year ONLY COLOR) 4-speed car, but the mostly Butler Engine, 700R4, and Ford 4.11 9" Rearend were already in there, so it's not like we are trashing an original car. Engine newly gone through by us and our favorite engine builder (now dyno North of 500 HP and North of 600 ft/lbs Torque, we are happy), Headers recoated, new Syracuse Autogear bulletproof N-Case 4-speed, to be new American Autowire, to be new Classic Auto Air for cruising only (hey, it gets hot in Texas), replacing our pleasure test-n-tune Chevelle racer (to go back to the street after we work her over and a new big block setup). Pics include 1965 GTO move from son's place to mine and the Chevelle in her 'storage' wheels/tires move to my son's place for safe keeping. I hope the pics go through. Hank
                      Hank

HRPT Long Haul 2013, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 23 West
                      Cruisn' The Coast 2019, 21
                      GTOAA Route 66 2018, GTOAA Convention 2023
                      Tour Nebraska 2023

Comment

• pretty f'n sweet there Hank - both of them and welcome aboard. Watching Fox News last night and seeing Texas opening up I think Power Tour should just pick 7 stops in Texas and let 'er rip.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• The sun is shining and our snow is gone, for now anyways. I think the roads and highways need a good rain to wash off the sand and salt yet. We've been racing ho scale slot cars during the winter. Loads of fun with friends.
                          We're so ready for a vacation, can't wait to see you guys.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_134222.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	893.2 KB
ID:	1289297Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_160459.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	799.7 KB
ID:	1289298

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Hey Bob I could make a 1968 GTO your dream car!
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                              The sun is shining and our snow is gone, for now anyways. I think the roads and highways need a good rain to wash off the sand and salt yet. We've been racing ho scale slot cars during the winter. Loads of fun with friends.
                              We're so ready for a vacation, can't wait to see you guys.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_134222.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	893.2 KB
ID:	1289297Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_160459.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	799.7 KB
ID:	1289298
                              Looks to me like you are well over 50% capacity in the grandstands but your corner works seem to be well spaced!
                              And tasty hot dogs to boot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                                Hey Bob I could make a 1968 GTO your dream car!
                                I love your car but I really want a 65 GTO convertible. That's the car that Mom and Dad brought me home from the hospital in when I was born.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X