Road Trip Key West 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Really looking forward to it, DTB! We uncovered all the cars the other day and got them all started. Now we just have to wait for some warm weather to get them out.
    get them started i just go out and turn the key sounds like you don't get to drive them year round
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post

get them started i just go out and turn the key sounds like you don't get to drive them year round
      Yeah Bruce, too much of the cold white stuff around here to drive them all winter. Really getting them started consists of taking the battery tenders off of them and turning the key. Not much drama. We have an event with our Oldsmobile club today so we're going to take the Cutlass out. It's supposed to be 58 today so it might be topless. LOL. It's 25 outside now.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
        Sounds like a fun trip. A visit to Sopchoppy is possible, but we are homeless right now. Still the HandleBar is open (back of Scooter's garage) and we spend quite a bit of time there. We building a gas station home, but don't think it will be done by the time you have your cruise.

Also, Power Tour friend Jim Durban lives part time in Islamorada, so I will see if I can get him to chime in, as he knows that area better than anyone I know. Might even be a guild for a day or two?

BTW, Enjoyed all the great pictures of y'all, thanks for sharing.

Downsizing DTB
        Ed, my guess is this is what he is building. Some updated progress photos should be in order by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Ed, my guess is this is what he is building. Some updated progress photos should be in order by now.
          I wish progress was being made but the reality's of weeks of rain, soil tests, Energy reports, and actually getting estimates from sub contractors has proved to be a challenge. Still, Bob the Builder is making progress, with site work, thanks to a good friend who is lending me his little Ford 770. It's small but a lot faster than a wheel barrel. So far I have leveled 4 tandem loads of fill and will order 2 more tomorrow. In FL you can't build on grade ! Rain, Snow, Wind . . . we all have our challenges eh !

Bob the Tractorman DTB

p.s. pix one of these days
          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

You are absolutely correct!
            I'll be watching for reports, both from the trip and the construction.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Allen, can you text me your address so i can figure out where to get a hotel. i went to Springhill Suites website and it says i can't get a room on may 1. maybe they are filled up??
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Allen, can you text me your address so i can figure out where to get a hotel. i went to Springhill Suites website and it says i can't get a room on may 1. maybe they are filled up??
                I will send the text shortly.
                Some folks are staying here:
                Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bradenton-Lakewood Ranch, FL
                5610 Manor Hill Lane, Bradenton, Florida 34203

There is also an HIE at this same exit (I75 and SR70 exit 217)
                Also, some of us are staying at the HIE in Florida City on Sunday night
                Last edited by cstmwgn; March 29, 2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I will send the text shortly.
                  Some folks are staying here:
                  Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bradenton-Lakewood Ranch, FL
                  5610 Manor Hill Lane, Bradenton, Florida 34203

There is also an HIE at this same exit (I75 and SR70 exit 217)
                  Also, some of us are staying at the HIE in Florida City on Sunday night
                  thanks. i'm booked at hie in fl city. saw country inn , but you said it was farther south from you. maybe i'll just book there.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• just booked at Super 8 Ellenton. it has a decent rating, not too expensive and its close, I-75 near Memphis Rd, that looks like it goes to right near allens place.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

just booked at Super 8 Ellenton. it has a decent rating, not too expensive and its close, I-75 near Memphis Rd, that looks like it goes to right near allens place.
                      there is a Waffle House and an Anna Maria Oyster Bar right there as well

Comment

• I got my confirmation that we do have tickets for Talladega! We are all set.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• How do you spell Boogity-Boogity-Boogity ?
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                            I got my confirmation that we do have tickets for Talladega! We are all set.
                            Not that I watch much anymore but I hope they don't try to turn that into a dirt track!! That was plum silly. ​​​​
                            Oh FYI we're booked at the HIE on SR70.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Hello Group, I’m trying to get info. on the Key West trip. Can someone point me to the details? I live in Fort Lauderdale and go down frequently. A while back a group out of Northern Florida did a yearly run that I did 4-5 times, was a blast.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by GS Joe View Post
                                Hello Group, I’m trying to get info. on the Key West trip. Can someone point me to the details? I live in Fort Lauderdale and go down frequently. A while back a group out of Northern Florida did a yearly run that I did 4-5 times, was a blast.

Thanks
                                This trip is in noway associated with the Key West Power Cruise of old. It is not organized nor does it have any scheduled events. Sunday night some of us are staying in Florida City. Monday night thru Thursday morning we are staying at the Silver Palms Inn. I had posted a list of potential points of interest and activities for folks to choose from.

The Key West trip discussion started on Page 11. Page 16 has a listed of potential stops / points of interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X