No announcement yet.

Road Trip Key West 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagon Master, Monster, all, I will have to pass on the trip this year. Busy. Two Great Grandsons 1 1/2 weeks old, wonderful Gov Cuomo loosened travel so I can go fishing on Lake Ontario with my son and already supposed to be close to 90 degrees next week in my neck of the woods here in Texas. So, I will stay put and keep wiring on my 65 GTO.

Wagon Master, how many cars are you thinking that are going? You stated about a dozen about a month ago. It does sound like a good time. Hank
    Hank

HRPT Long Haul 2013, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 23 West
    Cruisn' The Coast 2019, 21
    GTOAA Route 66 2018, GTOAA Convention 2023
    Tour Nebraska 2023

Comment

• Originally posted by HankGTO View Post
      Wagon Master, Monster, all, I will have to pass on the trip this year. Busy. Two Great Grandsons 1 1/2 weeks old, wonderful Gov Cuomo loosened travel so I can go fishing on Lake Ontario with my son and already supposed to be close to 90 degrees next week in my neck of the woods here in Texas. So, I will stay put and keep wiring on my 65 GTO.

Wagon Master, how many cars are you thinking that are going? You stated about a dozen about a month ago. It does sound like a good time. Hank
      Hank - I haven't asked for an update lately so I still think we are around 12. I was going to get an updated head count in a couple of weeks. Have fun with great grand kids, fishing and everything else you haven't been allowed to do for the last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GS Joe View Post
        Hello Group, I’m trying to get info. on the Key West trip. Can someone point me to the details? I live in Fort Lauderdale and go down frequently. A while back a group out of Northern Florida did a yearly run that I did 4-5 times, was a blast.

Thanks
        Welcome Joe! Any GS pictures? Now back to trip discussion!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• I got step one of the Solstice mods done today. The charge tubes and intake are replaced. Now I've got to get the tune in it and datalog it for fine tuning.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SOL1.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1291435Click image for larger version

Name:	SOL2.jpg
Views:	194
ID:	1291436Click image for larger version

Name:	SOL3.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1291438Click image for larger version

Name:	SOL4.jpg
Views:	181
ID:	1291437
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
            I got step one of the Solstice mods done today. The charge tubes and intake are replaced. Now I've got to get the tune in it and datalog it for fine tuning.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	SOL1.jpg
Views:	195
ID:	1291435Click image for larger version

Name:	SOL2.jpg
Views:	194
ID:	1291436Click image for larger version

Name:	SOL3.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1291438Click image for larger version

Name:	SOL4.jpg
Views:	181
ID:	1291437
            You had mentioned this was an 80 HP increase - that seems like quite a big jump in such a little / lite car.
            Should be fun to drive!

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

You had mentioned this was an 80 HP increase - that seems like quite a big jump in such a little / lite car.
              Should be fun to drive!
              If what I've read is correct, it should get the car up close to 300 rwhp so it should scoot pretty good.
              I R Bob
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

If what I've read is correct, it should get the car up close to 300 rwhp so it should scoot pretty good.
                my 88 GT only has 225hp and this was considered a lot in it's day
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post

my 88 GT only has 225hp and this was considered a lot in it's day
                  And that was at the crank!

Comment

• My el camino has a 700hp transmission and a 400 hp TBI and makes nowhere near that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GS Joe View Post
                      Hello Group, I’m trying to get info. on the Key West trip. Can someone point me to the details? I live in Fort Lauderdale and go down frequently. A while back a group out of Northern Florida did a yearly run that I did 4-5 times, was a blast.

Thanks
                      Joe

Was this the info you were looking for?
                      Do you have any questions?
                      Are you thinking about joining us?

Comment

• Less than a month to go. I'm looking forward to the ride. Sorry that John & Kathy want make it though, hope John has a speedy recovery and can get back to a normal life soon.
                        Still on to meet Dave & Perry and the rest in Ocala.
                        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Still waiting for the tune for the Solstice...
                          I R Bob

Comment

Still waiting for the tune for the Solstice...
                            Here you go

You can hear, purchase, and download sheet music for this and other Amidon choral arrangements at:http://www.amidonmusic.com. This is also available in the A...

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                              Thanks! LOL
                              I R Bob

Comment

• OK, we are about 3 weeks out!

Any lurkers interested in getting on the list?

Comment

Working...
                                X