Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Dave
    replied
    64 Days till Key West Tour begins................

Leave a comment:

• Andy4639
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Hi Bruce - I am planning on cancelling our room soon as we are unable to go. If you like to try to grab it let me know and we can see if we can figure it out.
    Chris you and Karen not going at all? I saw,

The 2021 FM3 Road Trip will Kick off on Sunday, May 2 @ Possum Holler Garage - Columbia TN and will end Friday May 7 @ Acme Hi-Performance Laboratories - Statesville, NC. We have some very exciting things in the works for 2021 - Get Registered today

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by cobra View Post
    just checked with the Silver Palm. they are filled up. is there a alternate hotel that anyone is staying, or did everyone get in to the silver palm? also, what hotel is everyone staying in by allens? got reservations at hei in florida city.
    Hi Bruce - I am planning on cancelling our room soon as we are unable to go. If you like to try to grab it let me know and we can see if we can figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    I'm thinking if we go there, we're probably going to want to spend the night somewhere close. LOL Then we can go and visit Dave the Bartender the next day.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    We're looking to stop here on the way from Talladega to Florida. Looks like fun.

http://www.florabama.com/
    The last time I was at the FloraBama we drove down in a 47 Ford truck, probably around 1985. Back then it was more of a little hole in the wall with 2 or 3 pool tables and of course the bar, to say I got sideways would be an understatement. Since then I believe it was hurricane Ivan kinda wrecked it and the rebuild included a large addition and has now become a place you can actually take kids. One of their biggest draws is the annual Mullet ( fish ) toss. I haven't been there since the rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• Big Dave
    replied
    I believe that can be arranged!!!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    We're looking to stop here on the way from Talladega to Florida. Looks like fun.

The most famous beach bar in the country. The Flora-Bama Lounge, is located famously in Orange Beach, Alabama and Perdido Key, Florida. It has long been a landmark of the Gulf Shores community and provides live entertainment 365 days a year. Also the home of the Bushwacker, with live music every day.

Leave a comment:

• Andy4639
    replied
    Motel off 75, 64,and 93 in Bradenton south of Allen's for the night. Motel 6 for $60.00 a night, yea I'm cheap basterd when it just me in the room.

Leave a comment:

• Andy4639
    replied
    It was 65* here today and sun shining all day! I spent the day working on my $420.00 golf cart to flip. Try and make some spending money for the trip to Key west before we go. Installed new rear bushings and checked the brakes. Got the batteries charged up but the motor was locked down. Taking it Monday to have it rebuilt. This thing looks like it went deep sea driving. Hope to have it back together in couple weeks and sell it for some spending money on the trip south.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Andy4639
    replied
    Thanks, yea we haven't been hearing as much about it either here also. I was just asking to have a idea what to expect. Yea they aren't enforcing it here either but the wife had a snowbird here cuss her in the parking lot of the grocery store back this summer for not having hers on in the golf cart when she pulled up. She looked at him told him he wasn't even suppose to be here because of the travel band. He said how do you know I'm not from here she said your NJ tag is dead give away. She said his son was shaking his head in shame of his dad.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
    I'm going to ask and hope it doesn't make anyone mad. On this Florida tour do we need to have a mask? I have them and will wear it if need be. But I really don't like to seeing how I have a breathing problem already having asbestos. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable with it. So I'm asking now. When we are at stops and meeting do we need to wear them?
    I figured it be good to know how everyone feels about it up front.
    Its a mixed bag as far as masks go, most stores/establishments require them but I still see some people without them. We wear them when we go in places. I am not sure about the Keys - I suspect that it will be similar down there. They will say masks required but not be overly strict about enforcing it. I put mine on my wrist when I leave the house so that I have it with me when/if needed.

The daily new case numbers are declining after the holidays but still seems to be active down here.

Leave a comment:

• Andy4639
    replied
    I'm going to ask and hope it doesn't make anyone mad. On this Florida tour do we need to have a mask? I have them and will wear it if need be. But I really don't like to seeing how I have a breathing problem already having asbestos. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable with it. So I'm asking now. When we are at stops and meeting do we need to wear them?
    I figured it be good to know how everyone feels about it up front.

Leave a comment:

• Andy4639
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Sounds good Andy. Are you going to be solo or with chaperones?
    I will be solo. I was going to have the wife fly down to some place toward Miami and join me but we just got custody of our 4 year old grand son so she said how would that work in my truck. Its got bucket seat's so she said go enjoy.
    She then said she was going to buy all new furniture for the beach house so we are even! Funny how that works, and I'm good for pulled pork. I love it. I can even bring some Good home made South Carolina sauce to. I'll have the wife mix up a gallon of it. Looking forward to this trip. I've always wanted to see the keys and drive the bridges.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
    Well I was talking to Big Dave this past week and he has convinced me I needed to join all of you, so I will be meeting up with Dave & Perry and the boys in Fla somewhere. Randevu point to be detirmined. I think Tallahassee is going to be close. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I will be coming down I-85 south from SC if anybody else in the area wants to tag along. I'll be driving the 71 C-10.
    Sounds good Andy. Are you going to be solo or with chaperones?
    Last edited by cstmwgn; February 21, 2021, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Andy4639
    replied
    Well I was talking to Big Dave this past week and he has convinced me I needed to join all of you, so I will be meeting up with Dave & Perry and the boys in Fla somewhere. Randevu point to be detirmined. I think Tallahassee is going to be close. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I will be coming down I-85 south from SC if anybody else in the area wants to tag along. I'll be driving the 71 C-10.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X