X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200WINS
    replied
    We's is in!
    Now to determine, is we drivin or flyin......

Teri and I are in Pierre, SD for a wedding this weekend. Here's a few pictures along the way....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200925_131853.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1281066Click image for larger version

Name:	20200925_132025.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	938.5 KB
ID:	1281067Click image for larger version

Name:	20200925_193406.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1281068Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_104940.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1281069

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Silver Palms Inn - Key West
    830 Truman Avenue
    Key West, FL 33040
    (305) 294-8700
    May 3 - May 6 (3 nights)
    We're in!

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Silver Palms Inn - Key West
    830 Truman Avenue
    Key West, FL 33040
    (305) 294-8700
    May 3 - May 6 (3 nights)

Leave a comment:

• Big Dave
    replied
    Hell let's do it!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
    Ok......so are we in early stage planning a road trip to Key West? If so when? I'm up for this and so would Perry (Corvettedad)
    Dave, tentatively we were talking about being in Key West May 3-5. We haven't locked down anything yet though.

Leave a comment:

• Big Dave
    replied
    Ok......so are we in early stage planning a road trip to Key West? If so when? I'm up for this and so would Perry (Corvettedad)

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Take a look at the Blue Marlin Motel?? I looked briefly at Kayak and Booking.com.....
    That looks like it might be a good place. I'm up for anything really.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Take a look at the Blue Marlin Motel?? I looked briefly at Kayak and Booking.com.....

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

Are you guys planning on bringing the Cutlass?
    Did you read the reviews about parking and partying?

It sounds nice and the rooms weren't that bad (if I understand their pricing model) but they were pretty clear about no groups sitting around socializing. While I know that we are very close to Duval, I also know our group and it is unlikely that we won't gather at the hotel (guest house) and socialize.
    We haven't decided which car we would bring down there. It will either be the Cutlass or the Solstice.

When I originally looked, it said free parking and then I saw it was free street parking. I don't mind parking the Solstice in the street, but I wouldn't want to park the Cutlass there. There is a pay parking lot around the corner that is $20 a day. We did book a room there but it is refundable so if we find something better, we can just switch.

Parking in Key West is going to be the main issue. Not a lot of places have their own lots. Once we're there, we probably wouldn't use the car until we leave though.

I'll keep looking and see if I can come up with other places.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    It looks like rooms are booking up pretty quick for early May. If we're going to do this, we should probably make reservations soon. I looked at this place. https://www.angelinaguesthouse.com/

It looks nice and the rooms are "reasonable" for Key West. I looked at booking from May 3-5 and it was about $300 a night.
    Are you guys planning on bringing the Cutlass?
    Did you read the reviews about parking and partying?

It sounds nice and the rooms weren't that bad (if I understand their pricing model) but they were pretty clear about no groups sitting around socializing. While I know that we are very close to Duval, I also know our group and it is unlikely that we won't gather at the hotel (guest house) and socialize.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    It looks like rooms are booking up pretty quick for early May. If we're going to do this, we should probably make reservations soon. I looked at this place. https://www.angelinaguesthouse.com/

It looks nice and the rooms are "reasonable" for Key West. I looked at booking from May 3-5 and it was about $300 a night.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Placing this here for future reference https://www.tripshock.com/blog/key-w...nsiders-guide/

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    We were just at the other end of Hwy 41 by Copper Harbor.
    I bet it is warmer on our end that yours!

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    We were just at the other end of Hwy 41 by Copper Harbor.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied

Well that is a bummer - so IF you drive down you could always stop at Cafe Risque in Micanopy FL. It appears to still be open and is conveniently just off I75. I know, its not doughnuts but they might have some pasties (or is that pastries?)
    Had been to the Gatornationals and was heading down to Don Garlits museum by back road, came up to interstate and Bam there it was we'd been laughing about it the whole trip. My buddies wife said that's as close as you get! Oh you count on me as very interested but would depend on John's schooling.

Click image for larger version  Name:	08f41a528c87ac0b78adff9e2fa1cf1ejpg.0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	361.4 KB ID:	1280614
    Last edited by corvettedad; September 18, 2020, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X