Dad's 2021 ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad's 2021 ride

Not sure I ever posted an update, but dad sold his '62 C10 that we took on the HRPT last year. Of course, immediately we realized that having a truck is handy, so the search was back on for something small, short bed, and V8. We looked at several trucks, but ultimately landed on this '89 RCSB S10. It's got a .030 over 350 equipped with a Holley carb, Edelbrock intake, long tube headers, dual exhaust, spool. Nothing fancy but it works well and is fairly zippy. Exhaust note totally sold me on the truck, so I told Dad if he was passing on this one, I was buying it for myself. That was enough.

Passenger headlight and F/R turn signals didn't work upon purchase, but that was traced to a bad ground and fixed. Wipers don't work, but the motor is good as is the linkage, so there's a wiring issue to chase there. And the speedometer doesn't work either, because the ECM/DRAC was removed in place of an ignition box and the former owner can't find it. Sooooooo...apparently we just have a knack for buying old Chevy trucks in need of electrical work!!!

I'm not sure if I'll ride WITH Dad next year or take what was supposed to be my 2020 ride, but here they are together anyway, the day we picked the S10 up.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Nice addition to the family. Spool in a pickup - that might be interesting on damp roads

Comment

ACTUALLY, Hopefully both will go next year and
      Both Vehicles Show Up in last pix !
      One of my Love Parts Shop Guys is Wagon Fantantic !!
      For me it depends on the route picked,....
      For me was this year's finale in Madison, Wisconsin so my Rusty Iron Junkie Friends could meet be there !!

Comment

Get them both on tour. Adam, I still have your brochure too that I was going to give your on the tour.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

As far as getting them both on tour, it'll depend on what Dad wants to do. He has had it easy every time we've gone because I do most of the driving. Might be expecting more of that for '21. :D

Comment

Good looking truck, I saw it in person last Sunday. Thanks for the invite to that show Adam. It was a good time and I wish we could have stayed longer.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
              Good looking truck, I saw it in person last Sunday. Thanks for the invite to that show Adam. It was a good time and I wish we could have stayed longer.
              Was glad you came out and I finally got to meet Donna in person! Hopefully next year is even bigger.

Comment

Working...
              X