No announcement yet.

power tour 2021 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Copeland responded to a post on Facebook recently and said don't give up yet. He is a vendor and should be more in the know then others. We are still hoping.
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Definitely not coming to Michigan with our current governor

Comment

Don't believe it's happening at this late date.
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
          Don't believe it's happening at this late date.
          We'll just make our own fun!
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

We'll just make our own fun!
            No idea what my vacation will look like this year. Two months gone already. Dates lined up last year for things on my list but everything got cancelled. Its BS they say Easter is a holiday and you can't let anyone off for the whole week. Last memo I saw said no time off from 11/19 to 1/1. That's ridiculous. NY/E isn't a real holiday even if we do get paid for it.

Comment

The beauty of being retired is everyday is a vacation day...except when Donna puts me to work!
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Derek from Vice Grip Garage posted on Facebook today that he heard a rumor of an August HRPT...not sure where it came from but I generally trust him as a reliable source...
                2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Just started watching him a month or so ago. I still don't do facebook. He was at the LTD race filming the same time as Roadkill and they both did videos on it.

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                    Just started watching him a month or so ago. I still don't do facebook. He was at the LTD race filming the same time as Roadkill and they both did videos on it.
                    I started watching before "he blew up". He had just posted a revival video on a 69-ish Chevelle he named "Rocky." I laughed my ass off a few times. A feller was hooked by then! lol

He took it on the 2019 PT with his whole family. I think one of his videos was a dingle ball engine rebuild just days before PT began.

August? Isn't June hot enough? I would go just to see all the overheated cars
                    Last edited by Jesse James 80; March 8, 2021, 07:31 AM.
                    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Just take the hood off. That was one of the first videos I saw. Said it came with new fenders but never put them on. Independence Chevelle was such a sketchy turd. The frame was cracked and rusted. Whole car is full of rust and rot. Makes my el camino look good. He put a built big block in it with a POS 10 bolt rear with an 8.2 gear. "It's fine." Took me a while to figure out what a "wobble pop" was. Laughed the time he had beer where the battery was supposed to be in the POS blue truck. The parts truck in that episode looked like it was in better shape. IMHO wood beds are one of the stupidest ideas ever conceived. The cheapo paint job he did wasn't too bad. Need to do that to my el camino. The big block f150 needed to be parted out. NWS never liked that body style anyway. Surprised he didn't try to buy the Chevelle wagon in the blazer episode. I wouldn't mind having one. I emailed him an ad for a Plymouth fury in KC that fits his MO but didn't hear back.

Comment

He has a few of those one liner sayings. I'm pretty sure a "Cold snack" and "wobble pop" are the same thing. My favorite is still the "Tonya Harding." I've started calling my hammers that

What I like the most is that he has fun with the stuff, but he can also do really quality work when he wants to. That pair of Chevelles he sold were pretty damn nice. One was kinda sad, I think he built it in HS or right after? I don't think he's ever said, but I think he sold them to start that new shop he's in. He also bought back his dad's old car which was pretty cool, the '56 Buick. He seems like someone I would actually enjoy having a wobble pop with.
                        Last edited by Jesse James 80; March 12, 2021, 06:34 AM.
                        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

"Mouse sucker" got mine in 1998 or so and it still works. Use it for dirty jobs.
                          Last edited by stu yoakam; March 18, 2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X