power tour 2021 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power tour 2021 ????

did they announce dates or did I miss it ?
    your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

I haven't heard anything yet.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

the last I heard...an announcement of some sort would be coming out, sometime at the end of the year, or maybe just into the new year

Comment

i saw something on the summit motorsport park website about an early june date like the 6

Comment

At least 2 strips have dates for Power Tour on their calendars.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

which is the other one?

Comment

the other seems to be Lucas Oil Raceway (Indy), June 8th........which means maybe?......between Norwalk and Indy, the second stop is....??
              Last edited by rexdogg; January 16, 2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                the other seems to be Lucas Oil Raceway (Indy), June 8th........which means maybe?......between Norwalk and Indy, the second stop is....??
                Could be Dayton again.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  Could be Dayton again.
                  I was thinking National Trail, or Dayton. Probably a very close replication of the cancelled '20 HRPT route.
                  2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                  1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                  1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Captain is "Listening"......
                    if it's close to something like last year,
                    and I can get Vaccinated by then.....
                    We Are All In !!

Comment

Not likely to Long Haul, but may pick up a few days if it gets closer. Depends on where they go from Indy. Might start there and roll along with the rest of the tour... pondering options...
                      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                      79 Trans Am project
                      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

With Nothing from Power Tour, Push gave way to Shove !!!
                        There was a carry over event from Last Year that I decided to Commit too the in Question opening weekend of Power Tour.
                        So unfortunately I will be OUT FOR HRPT 2021.
                        Keep Warm,
                        Keep in Touch,
                        Do Good Things!
                        Capt
                        ​​​​​

Comment

Since the northern states are still in question... I'd say move it to Fl/GA/Carolinas/AL/TX, whatever. We're all open. It's an outdoor event we can space out. By June most everyone that wants to get vaccinated should be (especially our older crowd that are actually vulnerable, hopefully y'all will be taken care of by April-ish).

With nothing but crickets so far.... this seems doubtful. It's a big event to plan last minute.

This is from the Anthony Travel site:

HOT ROD Power Tour, originally scheduled for August 23-29, and has been cancelled for 2020 due to the ongoing prevalence of COVID-19 and safety restrictions in the different event locations. The HOT ROD staff has explored every avenue to ensure the safety of this event and at this time is unable to proceed in 2020 out of public safety concerns for our participants, sponsors, and staff. Safety will always be our #1 priority at all events. We look forward to returning in 2021 to continue the tradition of the world’s largest traveling car show and the competition for the world’s fastest street car.

“For years, HOT ROD Power Tour and HOT ROD Drag week have been essential events on the gearhead’s calendar, and we look forward to them all year,” said HOT ROD Editor-in-Chief John McGann. “We at HOT ROD share in the disappointment that the events are unable to happen this year. However, we are now looking forward to making the 2021 events the best ever.”

All registered participants will receive a notification email of the cancellation and automatic refunds will be issued within 30 days. All Current HRPT Platinum and Gold Club ticketholders will receive a chance to reserve these slots for 2021. All currently registered HRDW competitors will also receive the chance to register early for the 2021 event.
                          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Don't think there's going to be a PT this year.
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                              Don't think there's going to be a PT this year.
                              Nope, going a lot like last year ... countdown to nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X