Woohoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo!

One more week until palm trees and white sand. This time next week, we'll be in Cozumel.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

That sounds great .. what precautions do you have to take? A two week quarantine to go on a two week holiday?

Comment

Enjoy!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
        That sounds great .. what precautions do you have to take? A two week quarantine to go on a two week holiday?
        There are no restrictions if you fly there other than you have to fill out a form that says you're not sick and you have to wear a mask, just like here.
        I R Bob
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
          One more week until palm trees and white sand. This time next week, we'll be in Cozumel.
          bon voyage!

Comment

We're back now. It was a great trip and the weather was awesome! Back to the cold. Brrrr.
            I R Bob

Comment

That's why I do not go to warmer weather in the winter. Too hard to readjust. I did enough of that when I was still a lead crew chief on tankers. I remember one west pac medevac mission where we had been out in the pacific for 3+ weeks. Guam, South Korea, Japan, etc. A couple of years after nine-eleven. We always stopped at Hickam AFB on Oahu on the way back to drop off the med crew & get crew rest. When we got there we found out that they would be holding us until they had fighters for us to drag back to the States. Just too short on tankers with everything going on in Iraq & Afghanistan.

Three days later we were finally headed back with a half-dozen F-16's in tow. By then it was late on a Sunday afternoon. We dropped them off on the west coast but we didn't get home until after dark. It was snowing so heavily by then that we had to follow a snow plow to parking. Being a Guard base it was closed by that time on a Sunday evening. Nobody anywhere but security & the plow drivers. The pilots & boomers bailed right away. Or tried to. Everyone still had to dig their car out of the snow. My two assistants & I still had to put the plane to bed for the night. An hour or so later, when we were finally finished, I remember one of the boomers still trying to dig his Corvette out of the parking lot. Everyone else still had to dig their cars out too. We could hear him for nearly an hour going back & forth trying to accomplish the impossible. I think that someone finally just gave him a ride home. I finally got home around midnight & had to be back for work at 6:00 the next morning.

One day I was walking on Waikiki in swim trunks & the next night I am slogging around in snow putting a KC-135R to bed & digging my truck out of a snowed in parking lot. Nope. We have friends with winter places in Texas & Arizona where they can stay & wait out the cold back home. I could see that. Quick visits, not so much.
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
              X