Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by Gr8Regal View Post
    Alan your still jamming.
    Regretfully - not this year. Wagon is not running and the Fairlane isn't a PowerTour car for us.

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Regal
    replied
    I'm in this Year.

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Regal
    replied
    Alan your still jamming.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
    Allen, could you email me your gasgacinch method....I'm not on that tweeter thing.
    Mike, check your inbox.

Leave a comment:

• 173rdherd
    replied
    Originally posted by Monster View Post
    I had a friend with a 383 stroker on a manual in a 68 Camaro and another with a 400ci / 400TH in a 67 Firebird ... wanna guess who was top dog?
    streetlight to light my money's on the torquer......Quarter or more and i may run out of gear.
    Allen, could you email me your gasgacinch method....I'm not on that tweeter thing.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Have a friend that back in the day had a 72 Nova, 350 2 barrel with a 3 speed... took down the local hero in his RA3 Judge with a 4speed... Just sayin' that a lot of variables factor in... derail averted...

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I had a friend with a 383 stroker on a manual in a 68 Camaro and another with a 400ci / 400TH in a 67 Firebird ... wanna guess who was top dog?
    the one with the steeper rear gear? best tune?

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    ... wanna guess who was top dog?
    So is Top Dog the slowest of the two?

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 173rdherd
    replied
    On the surface you will find lots of 400 haters, a deeper dig says don't give away 50 cubes at the hit. Properly done, monster Torque. my head cracked through neglect and 'gonna do it as soon as' That said, I respect your experience (everyone). I am saving my 02 yukon 5.3 for said conversion, but not here, as this was my DD, until it's fixed, I am back in the Yukon.
    We will see, but thank you both.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Just my opinion Mike, ditch the 400 and install a 350. 400's are prone to overheating and cracked heads are the norm. Or you can spend your money wisely, find a 2wd Tahoe or pickup with any LS, 4.8 or 5.3 and overdrive trans, computer and harness. Conversion parts and mounts are readily available. Theres lots of good information out there to do the conversion right.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    for anyone wondering....machine shop called and reported one cracked head, now searching for a replacement, preferably an 882 (400) casting
    Mike, I don't know the best way to put this, but, I did a search as promised, and found this:

What did Chevy 882 heads come on?

Re: 882 heads

the 882 heads were installed on the 350 ci. and 400 ci engines(400 heads had steam holes). The 882 castings had a double heat-riser passage and were prone to cracking beacuse they ran so hot. If you have these on your engine, get rid of them.Aug 5, 2008

https://www.google.com/search?q=882+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

BUT... i did find this interesting article: https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/cc...l-block-chevy/

I sincerely hope this will help!

Hoping this post finds you and Sue doing well!

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    for anyone wondering....machine shop called and reported one cracked head, now searching for a replacement, preferably an 882 (400) casting
    So sorry to hear that brother…. I will try to research that for you when I get home and on my computer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X