Best Power Tour routes or stops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Power Tour routes or stops?

What are your favorite Power Tour years or favorite stops?

One of mine is the 2011 tour starting in Cocoa Beach and ending in Detroit.

Chattanooga is also one of my favortite stops.
    Last edited by htrdharley; June 10, 2021, 05:21 AM.

Favorite stop GM Proving Grounds and riding on the test track with my stock 1962 Rambler Classic SW. Got 24 mpg on that PT but used 26 quarts of oil.
    Nick

Comment

I think one of our best venues was at Beech Bend once we actually got in. Lots of shade and room to move around.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

We liked ZMAX but only because we got to party at Lar's house and Randy's one year.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
          We liked ZMAX but only because we got to party at Lar's house and Randy's one year.
          Remember it well!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I would have picked any of the above. Coco Beach (the town) is a great natural for cruising. We also enjoyed the GM Heritage Center the day before the '12 PT started. Hard to love the super hot '16 tour but I used to be stationed in Austin. So there was The Iron Works & 6th street. Memphis has Beale Street....... Between old friends & new experiences, we can usually find something we like.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

The fairgrounds in Gonzales, LA., Gulfport, MS., GM Proving Grounds of course, Crown Point, IN., Martinsville, Sparta, Bristol, Texarkana Fairgrounds.........some would have been nice if they had any flippin' parking like Charleston, WV, or had some traffic control as in Wisc Dells - that sh*t just puts you in a sour mood ..... anything new is most welcome, getting pretty tired of Norwalk, Indy, STL Raceway, Hoover, AL., ..... but it's better than not going I guess.
              Last edited by 70chevyC-10; June 11, 2021, 04:47 AM.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

We enjoyed them all, but mostly due to the company we were keeping.
                Most of the routes were fine, with the exception of that stretch of 2-lane road between Topeka and Lincoln (08) ...........I think that's the roughest road we've ever driven.
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 11, 2021, 05:58 AM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I think Charleston would have been a great stop other than traffic control. It really had a few poeple in a bad mood before even getting parked. Same with the Dells.

The GM Proving Grounds and Crown Point are also great stops. The park they had us in at Crown Point was very shaded and enjoyable.

Phil, I agree 100%, getting tired of the same stops...but at least it is a road trip hanging out with some great folks.

Comment

Worst stop the Circuit of Americas. Even the vendors complained about that one.

Nick

Comment

I liked Charleston in 2014 a lot. Even with the in/out traffic, it was definitely a different venue and the riverside environment was rather pleasant. Plus, the route that day was fun.

Lucas Oil Raceway in Indy was great, as is Norwalk. Also really liked the Chattanooga-Birmingham route from 2018 - that was probably my single favorite day of HRPT.

I did not care for Hoover Met (2018) at all. Hot, in the sun, really a lame venue overall and not much to do that day.
                      Last edited by a_d_a_m; June 11, 2021, 12:56 PM.
                      2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                      1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                      1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

We liked Springfield, MO in 2004 and liked cruising in Somerset whatever year that was. Dragstrips with shade are good too!
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I think that Somerset was 2009. I wanted to mention that one & could not remember the name. Same with Bristol. Bad case of CRS in my old age.
                          Last edited by 67 Malibu; June 12, 2021, 07:51 PM.
                          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

yep Somerset was my first in 2009 - found out what a dry county was - rookie mistake
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Proving Grounds by far for me, driving on all the test roads was a blast!
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                              X