I got my dream car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    I try to carry an extra module for my MSD since that happened to me once too.
    I carry an extra coil too, after our 2012 nonsense.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I had a bad torque converter in 2012. Not too easy to change at the side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

I carry an extra coil too, after our 2012 nonsense.
        As long as this fixes the problem, I'll get another one to carry as a spare. Cheap insurance.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
          I had a bad torque converter in 2012. Not too easy to change at the side of the road.
          I've seen transmissions changed in hotel parking lots during PT.
          I R Bob
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

As long as this fixes the problem, I'll get another one to carry as a spare. Cheap insurance.
            I'd consider carrying a standard GM HEI in the trunk with a set of plug wires.... if it will clear the tri-power....One wire for ign hot and back on the road...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Spare transmission was three hours away.

Comment

Ok fellas, I'm stumped. I put the new Pertronix in and still no spark. I have 12.4 volts at the battery, 12 volts at the ignition switch, 12 volts at the positive terminal of the coil when the ignition is on. When I crank the engine over, that voltage drops to about 9 volts and still no spark. What am I missing?
                I R Bob

Comment

Not to sound flippant, but.......Wires tight? Rotor installed correctly? Little spring and conductor in the cap? I don't know what else, offhand. Distributor shaft turning??
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 22, 2021, 02:41 PM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Not to sound flippant, but.......Wires tight? Rotor installed correctly? Little spring and conductor in the cap? I don't know what else, offhand. Distributor shaft turning??
                    Yeah Ed, I checked all that stuff. I'm not real strong on wiring issues so I've been double and triple checking myself. Weird thing is, right after I put the distributor back in it wouldn't start so I started checking resistance on the coil to make sure that wasn't the issue. I had Donna crank the engine over and it fired up. It was running a little rough so I figured I had to adjust the timing. When I tried to restart it, no go. No spark again.
                    I R Bob

Comment

Wires for ignition and tach reversed at the distributor? Good ground chassis to block? I'm stumped too........
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Make sure the new Pertronix is not defective. If you have another distributor put that in and see if it starts.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                          Make sure the new Pertronix is not defective. If you have another distributor put that in and see if it starts.
                          Unfortunately, I don't have another distributor.
                          I R Bob

Comment

Wires for ignition and tach reversed at the distributor? Good ground chassis to block? I'm stumped too........
                            I'll be checking the grounds when I go out to the garage.
                            I R Bob

Comment

Best I could do for what little time I could look: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...tiac-gto?pos=0
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

i remember dave the bartender changing a tranny in the birmingham parking lot. luckily he was parked right behind the tremic tent.
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X