Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got my dream car!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    I've seen transmissions changed in hotel parking lots during PT.
    Spare transmission was three hours away. Didn't know what the problem was until I took it back to the builder. He tore it down and saw no damage to anything. Blamed it on the cheap remaned converter. It came with the transmission.

    Comment


    • #47
      Thanks for the suggestions everyone, it's fixed. Turns out it was a bad coil, so I probably have a spare good Pertronix. I'll be ordering another coil just for insurance. I did manage to break the inlet for the heater core and for some strange reason, no one has a heater core for a 65 GTO in stock. A little piece of copper tubing and the heater core is bypassed until I can get a new one.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

      Comment


      • #48
        That's why I had to replace the heater in my el camino. A lot of parts have to be ordered these days even common ones for popular cars. PITA

        Comment


        • #49
          glad you were able to solve the problem
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

          welcome to my world

          Comment


          • #50
            And once the GTO was fixed we went to an event with the Oldsmobile Club in Downtown Lansing and won Best of Class with the GTO! Cutlass won 2nd in class. Was a good day. GTO was parked in a line of Oldsmobile's
            Donna
            Williamston, MI (Ohio too)
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by redragtop View Post
              And once the GTO was fixed we went to an event with the Oldsmobile Club in Downtown Lansing and won Best of Class with the GTO! Cutlass won 2nd in class. Was a good day. GTO was parked in a line of Oldsmobile's
              Hey boB, there's a message there. Shows you made a good choice. See you at Woodward!!!
              Last edited by papasmurf587; August 5, 2021, 07:44 PM.
              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
              Western North Carolina

              "I'd rather do it than watch it"

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

                Hey boB, there's a message there. Shows you made a good choice. See you at Woodward!!!
                We'll be there!
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

                Comment


                • #53
                  So, from the FB chatter, it appears that you guys are selling off everything else and consolidating down to the Goat only?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Monster View Post
                    So, from the FB chatter, it appears that you guys are selling off everything else and consolidating down to the Goat only?

                    Nah, the only thing that is potentially going away is the Model A. We still have the Cutlass, Lightning, Solstice and the F150 4x4. We're looking for another car for Donna since the Buick went away.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Ahhh, thought I saw something on FB where Donna said the Cutlass was for sale. Maybe a joke.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Watch Junkyard Digs on youtube. A series of videos on a gold Cutlass. Turned out nice for what it was. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...H6ommtSv1cFUEb

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Monster View Post
                          Ahhh, thought I saw something on FB where Donna said the Cutlass was for sale. Maybe a joke.
                          I think that was a memory that popped up from when she was selling the red one.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                            I think that was a memory that popped up from when she was selling the red one.
                            D'oh .. those memories always get me.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X