Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobra View Post
    most important...is she ok
    She's fine but it's been 2 1/2 weeks and the insurance company is still dragging their feet.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

its amazing whats considered "totaled" now adays. there was a day that we would try and fix that.
      True but a 14 year old car with 140k miles on it isn't worth the cost to fix it.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

my dad wrecked a toyota camary with 120k, a few years ago. it was a minor accident, but the structure on the passenger side , in front of the wheel only, was bent, so they totaled it and gave him $5,500. $500 and a frame machine would have easily fixed it.
        a friend of mine bought a wrecked newer mustang that was bounced of the freeway wall at 70mph, and $650.00 and a frame machined fixed it fine.
        i'm guessing it's more of a liability thing for the insurance companys, rather than a $ thing.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

If it is a common car like a Camry or Mustang it would be easier to replace than repair. Mom has a 2000 Camry that was hit by the ugly stick. Low miles for the year one family owned but it hit a deer and a truck on two separate occasions while the granddaughter drove it to college.

Comment

Working...
          X