Hot Rod's Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod's Forums

i take it the magazine's Forum has gone away?
    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

I think so. This is the main off-shoot I think.
    Hot Rod was replaced by
    Carjunkytv which was replaced by
    Frieburger's Junkyard which morphed into
    BangShift.
    Many of us were members on all four sites.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 15, 2021, 08:02 AM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
      i take it the magazine's Forum has gone away?
      Long ago ... I was also a Moderator over at HRM forum and with the success of social media, the traffic went to nil, so they pulled the plug. Didn't even bother to tell me, I just went in one day to scroll through posts and the whole website was gone, along with all the other TEN (The Entertainment Network) forums;

Hot Rod Forum
      Car Craft Forum
      Circle Track Forum
      Classic Trucks Forum
      Custom Classic Trucks Forum
      High Performance Pontiac Forum
      Kit Car Magazine Forum
      Mopar Muscle Magazine Forum
      Popular Hot Rodding Forum
      Rod & Custom Magazine Forum
      Street Rodder Web Forum

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        I think so. This is the main off-shoot I think.
        Hot Rod was replaced by
        Carjunkietv which was replaced by
        Frieburger's Junkyard which morphed into
        BangShift.
        Many of us were members on all four sites.
        Actually this always was a separate thing from Hot Rod's. Hot Rod's wasn't much of a Forum, but announcements on there sometimes hadn't been posted here yet.
        LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post

Actually this always was a separate thing from Hot Rod's. Hot Rod's wasn't much of a Forum, but announcements on there sometimes hadn't been posted here yet.
          By off-shoot, I mean many of us were members there and left when it got stupid.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            ... left when it got stupid.
            So you don't like Mopars?

Comment

When I first started looking for HRPT info a few years back (like 6 or so) The first source I found was the Hot Rod forum. Some guy on there named Monster told me about this Bangshift forum, and ya’ll been stuck with me ever since.
              '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
              '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
              79 Trans Am project
              ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
                When I first started looking for HRPT info a few years back (like 6 or so) The first source I found was the Hot Rod forum. Some guy on there named Monster told me about this Bangshift forum, and ya’ll been stuck with me ever since.
                Whitemonster was the mayor.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Yeah, talking some time back. 15 year history: Hot Rod had a busy forum when such was a new and novel thing but got tired of it being junked up by trolls and drama and did a revision/housecleaning, resulting in most members leaving which I don't think they minded, one of their fired tech people started Rodder's Corner which was cool for a while but eventually got taken over by one of the same trolls. Freiburger was enticed away from Hot Rod by an investor to join CarJunkieTV along w/ Chad and Lohnes and the forum they had for that attracted most regulars from the other sites. CarJunkie folded after a year when the investor pulled out and became Frieburger's Junkyard for a bit until DF was hired back by Hot Rod then Chad and Lohnes made BangShift out of it, which remains and has a good front page still but after suffering from FaceBook interest as well as literally the same problem people whom I myself regret ever engaging with its' forum exists now in much-reduced form. Rodder's Corner meanwhile withered and died as far as I know. A site called Yellow Bullet which stomached some pretty-tolerant rules seemed to collect legit people and trash alike to its' forum-only site, becoming a thriving place and the forum to be on instead of anywhere else but whatever happened to that I also couldn't say unless I looked and I won't. The trash-talk was always my least-favorite part of racing anyhow, hear it at the street races, hear it at the track, and finally at the forums, serious racer-guys I know seem to enjoy that aspect (hey how 'bout a TV show then?) but for me, whatever/bye. BangShift Forum continues with a few older more-laid-back people and the occasional new voice, and keeps some Hot Rod connections, however its' owners I-think learned from unpleasant experience to not personally participate and what the future holds who-knows. As with many automotive forums there is a bunch of experience to be found within from over time, I hope it's cheap to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                    So you don't like Mopars?
                    LOL I almost spit up my drink when I read this (Alan always has some great comments)
                    So. Central PA
                    Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X