high gas for P.T.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain View Post
    Yesterday, regular 87 octane 10% Ethanol Reduced gas, $3.79 in Portage, $3.89 in Westfield.
    91 octane NON Ethanol is still $4.89/gallon
    Dells was $3.79 yesterday, $3.89 today. Paid $3.59 at Costco in Madison @ about 2pm today...
    I’ll still pay $5 a gallon for Power Tour if that’s what it takes to go.
    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

I saw a map of the US a couple of days ago that showed a strip north to south, right through the middle of the country that had the cheapest gas prices. OK, KS, NE, SD & ND. I was surprised that TX did not make the cut. Those states most likely also have the cheapest gas taxes in the country. Just think of what will happen in the high tax states once they figure out that they are not getting any gas tax from the electric vehicles.
      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

You’re right! They are already reeling from the huge drops in cigarette and tobacco tax revenues as more and more people quit smoking. My propert taxes just went up 54% (not a typo). But I guess it’s still low at $3200/yr compared to many other states. Last year was $2110.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

[QUOTE=67 Malibu;n1316690 Just think of what will happen in the high tax states once they figure out that they are not getting any gas tax from the electric vehicles. [/QUOTE]Proposal is for a milage tax since they don't use gasoline, knowing politicians they might extend it to all cars.

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

just wait until the green libs try and install a mileage meter in vehicles....can you say.......revolt?

Comment

Actually gas is usually way cheaper across the border in Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                just wait until the green libs try and install a mileage meter in vehicles....can you say.......revolt?
                Think it's called an odometer...

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                  I've got it on my phone, the only problem I have with it is it relies on individuals putting in the information. .
                  There's a dimwit here who doesn't actually go by all the places he posts, sometimes price will have changed, and been posted by others, for as much as 3 days before he notices. But over all gas buddy cab be a real help.

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                    Mom was in Atchison for a while and you could just drive over a bridge and be in MO. There was a bad smell from a brewery as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                      Stu, I can absolutely confirm that this is the case. Missouri has a much lower gas tax than Kansas, hence Missouri's roads are WAY crummier. I used to live right on the border, and there was a gas station literally a few hundred feet into Missouri that was always packed with Kansas people filling their tanks up for the week. The gas stations in the town I lived in on the Kansas side struggled to complete and were usually empty.
                      HRPT 2016 - OKC, Wichita, KC
                      HRPT 2017- KC, Newton, Davenport
                      HRPT 2022 - Memphis, Nashville, Hoover, Pensacola

Comment

Pensacola ranges from 4.05 to 4.39 for regular.

Comment

My limit is $5.00/gal. Looks like I might be staying home.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Was considering going to Great Bend for drag week but its a long drive for a couple of hours and gas is high right now. If you don't get there at the right time you'll end up missing the action and the trip will be for nothing. Probably have to take a day off of work...

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              My limit is $5.00/gal. Looks like I might be staying home.
                              We already registered so we're in no matter what. We just won't bring a car that runs on premium.
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                                Probably will be at least $7.00 a gallon
                                latest high prediction is $6 by August.

Comment

Working...
                                X