No announcement yet.

high gas for P.T.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else remember the newly elected Congressman that spoke on the stage at Cocoa Beach back in 2011? He said that when he went through the orientation for new Congressmen, they were subjected to speeches from a variety of Ivy League professors. He remembered one of those emphasizing that if they could just figure out a way to get gas up to $10 per gallon, that they could solve all of the clean water issues in 3d world countries. Of course that doesn't make any sense for a variety of reasons, but I have no doubt that there are elected officials that view that goal as a way to accomplish something that they want.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
      Anyone else remember the newly elected Congressman that spoke on the stage at Cocoa Beach back in 2011? He said that when he went through the orientation for new Congressmen, they were subjected to speeches from a variety of Ivy League professors. He remembered one of those emphasizing that if they could just figure out a way to get gas up to $10 per gallon, that they could solve all of the clean water issues in 3d world countries. Of course that doesn't make any sense for a variety of reasons, but I have no doubt that there are elected officials that view that goal as a way to accomplish something that they want.
      Obama's SecEnergy said he wanted $8 a gallon gas, only way to make electric cars viable.

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

My 11 SS Camaro takes 93, I paid
        $5.09 today!
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

California has set out to become a leader in the green transition, aiming to rid its electrical grid of all carbon sources by 2045. The state is already the nation’s top producer of solar, geothermal, and biomass energy, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, with renewables accounting for more than 30 percent of the energy generated in-state. But as Sacramento looks to create a template for other states to follow, it is also exposing some critical gaps that are likely to strain the power grid in the race to net-zero, especially in the transportation sector.

Imagine that.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            I'm no Einstein and I saw that coming. Idiots!
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

And on the other side of the coin (or country), there were stories out in December/January about the electric cars that got stuck in the pile up on a Virginia highway during that surprise blizzard that they had in December. People driving them were nearly frozen to death when their electric heaters in the cars quickly depleted their power supply & left them stranded.

Comment

My grandson has a Tesla and said the 180 mile drive from K.C. to Nebraska City (south of Omaha) is fine in moderate temps. If he uses the A/C or heat during temp extremes he's down to a 1/4 charge and starts to "worry" a bit and seeks a charging station right away (free in Nebraska City - Chamber of Commerce draws folks in off I-29 - wonder who pays for that?). A couple times he left his work with less than a full charge and stopped at St Joe on the way north to charge. What a flippin pain in the ass that would be. Especially if someone is ahead of you or a line even. I just paid $3.949 at Sam's for 87 octane this morning, it was $4.099 retail across the street.
                Last edited by 70chevyC-10; May 24, 2022, 05:09 AM.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

And that probably took you about ten minutes & then you were good for another 300 miles or so. Regardless of all of that not-so-moderate weather that we have here.

Comment

it's time.....maybe past time, for America to have a different president

Comment

I just went out to fill up the Solstice. $5.19 a gallon.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                        I just went out to fill up the Solstice. $5.19 a gallon.
                        good thing it only hold 4 gallons right ?
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Gas in Pensacola ranges from 4.12-4.49 today.
                          LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                            Gas in Pensacola ranges from 4.12-4.49 today.
                            Do you live in Pensacola George? A friend just moved to Pace. Any car activities around there, he’s looking?

Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Paid $5.34 a gallon for premium in Perrysburg Ohio yesterday.
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

This is looking pretty bleak for me. Still need to put the a/c in the wagon........priorities, priorities........
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X