No announcement yet.

Memphis TN June 11/12 Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello again....made reservations at HIE along the way...nervous about taking the '69 Z.....maybe about the 12 mpg, but.....anyway, probably will drive the '13 zl1...will send a pm

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
      hello again....made reservations at HIE along the way...nervous about taking the '69 Z.....maybe about the 12 mpg, but.....anyway, probably will drive the '13 zl1...will send a pm
      None of our cars get much better than 12 mpg. The Cutlass might get 14 mpg on the highway, but we don't go on the highway much anyway.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

Got in there for $104.50 + tax. You staying there Phil?
        Way more than I want to spend. Would take too long to get home from there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

None of our cars get much better than 12 mpg. The Cutlass might get 14 mpg on the highway, but we don't go on the highway much anyway.
          Reliability is more important than mpg. Unless you can't afford it. Found this on Craigslist. https://topeka.craigslist.org/cto/d/...434418494.html

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
            Shoot - I would have to draft you the whole way to get 12!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Shoot - I would have to draft you the whole way to get 12!
              hah!.....Alan is my hero.......the only, I mean only, the driver who could pass me twice in the same road.....what?.....man.....I thought I was the man...now...Alan is the man

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post

Reliability is more important than mpg. Unless you can't afford it. Found this on Craigslist. https://topeka.craigslist.org/cto/d/...434418494.html
                I'd like to have it but too far for me to go to get it.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I would want to see what shape its in. No pictures of the front end or engine. I assume its a v8 and either 350 or 400 transmission. More $ than I want to spend. Its about an hour west of us. Says yellow but looks white to me. I already have an old car that I don't drive.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

yes sir, with a whole bunch of other folks I know, I believe I paid the same price as you. It'll be nice to see you and Laura.
                    Back at you Phil! We haven't seen you since 2018 I believe. I was on the fence this year until I saw Pensacola. I was stationed there in 1969. We talked about swinging over there after Mobile in 2010 but that was the last stop & we needed to get home.
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Booked Days Inn I-40 & Sycamore View
                      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                        Booked Days Inn I-40 & Sycamore View
                        George - a buddy of mine saw your post but could not respond. He suggested you NOT stay in that area. He lives down south and hits all the tracks in that area - here is his quote.

Tell geo1861 that days inn sycamore view was a very bad choice. Slum area! go to Germantown parkway! I could not post on bangshift.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

George - a buddy of mine saw your post but could not respond. He suggested you NOT stay in that area. He lives down south and hits all the tracks in that area - here is his quote.

Tell geo1861 that days inn sycamore view was a very bad choice. Slum area! go to Germantown parkway! I could not post on bangshift.
                          Sunday and Monday I personally am further EAST (not west as posted previously) out I-40 on Germantown Pkwy In Cordova TN Comfort Suites - then 3 Sleep Inn stays - until Pensacola at the Clarion. I think Millington is safe too.
                          Last edited by 70chevyC-10; January 21, 2022, 11:35 AM.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks for the tip, moved out to German town.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Moved to Germantown.
                              LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Phil, ask him about the area we are in. Best Western Plus Galleria Inn off of US 64. I think that’s the Galleria-Wolfchase area?
                                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                                X