Bucket list item!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket list item!

Well, looks like one more thing is going to get checked off the bucket list! We have talked about this for years and now we're doing it. It's too damn cold here in January..

Click image for larger version

Name:	bj.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1311763
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Say hi to Rett for us!
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      Well, looks like one more thing is going to get checked off the bucket list! We have talked about this for years and now we're doing it. It's too damn cold here in January..

Click image for larger version

Name:	bj.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1311763
      I went once and it truly is a car lovers carnival of vendor booths and lots of things too numerous to describe. I saw vendors hawking yachts and helicopters to mention a couple and all the way down to hand tools and of course car parts too.The ladies (once they'd had enough walking) in our party loved hanging at the outdoor bar with cocktails and munchies outside where the cars came off the block and watching the cars and people. Allow at least a couple days if you can so you don't rush.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

What does it cost for a catalog these days ?

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

I went once and it truly is a car lovers carnival of vendor booths and lots of things too numerous to describe. I saw vendors hawking yachts and helicopters to mention a couple and all the way down to hand tools and of course car parts too.The ladies (once they'd had enough walking) in our party loved hanging at the outdoor bar with cocktails and munchies outside where the cars came off the block and watching the cars and people. Allow at least a couple days if you can so you don't rush.
          We're flying in on Monday and we're staying until Saturday. We'll miss Saturday, the big day, but we'll be home in time to watch that on TV. Donna used to live in the area so we're going to do some exploring while we're there too.
          I R Bob
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            What does it cost for a catalog these days ?
            I R Bob

Comment

You can see all the cars on their website - - nice time killer. And after they sell they show prices too.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm insanely jealous of y'all. Dad will be too, when I tell him.
                If they have a cheap '70-71 Mercury Cyclone, feel free to buy it for my birthday... :D
                2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Sitting in the airport waiting for our flight to Phoenix!
                  I R Bob

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                    I'm insanely jealous of y'all. Dad will be too, when I tell him.
                    If they have a cheap '70-71 Mercury Cyclone, feel free to buy it for my birthday... :D
                    Nothing they have is cheap. Or anywhere close to it.

Comment

They had a few good deals on the first couple days. By Thursday everything was way overpriced. Was a great trip, so fun. If you get the chance to go should do it. Watched last night when we got home and everything was very very expensive.
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

They charge the buyer and the seller fees.

Comment

All cars and trucks are high right now anyway. Crusty Roadrunner sold for $20k online this week. https://www.purplewave.com/auction/2...Vehicle-Kansas Vista cruiser $6500

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                            They charge the buyer and the seller fees.
                            Yep, 10% from both the buyer and the seller. That's how BJ makes their money.
                            I R Bob

Comment

I watched a bit of it for the first time Friday night. Looked to be a lot of buyers wanting to get onto TV. But then the car oriented shows where they build completely rebuild a car in an hour never did much for me either.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                              X