Must provide own helmet to race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must provide own helmet to race

Well, that's disappointing, but I guess with Covid going around...
    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Seems this requirement actually started before COVID. And for some of us, since they don't accept motorcycle helmets, you have to buy a helmet just to participate in these events.

Not real sure why motorcycle helmets are not legal but I guess no one expects you to hit your head when you crash your bike!
    Last edited by cstmwgn; January 29, 2022, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Technically NHRA or whoever says only if faster than 10 seconds in the quarter mile.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Seems this requirement actually started before COVID. And for some of us, since they don't accept motorcycle helmets, you have to buy a helmet just to participate in these events.

Not real sure why motorcycle helmets are not legal but I guess no one expects you to hit your head when you crash your bike!
        I believe it's because the material on the interior of the helmet is not fireproof on motorcycle helmets.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

I believe it's because the material on the interior of the helmet is not fireproof on motorcycle helmets.
          Never thought of that - no one would want to be around when my hair was on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Never thought of that - no one would want to be around when my hair was on fire!
            I don't really have to worry about that.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                Technically NHRA or whoever says only if faster than 10 seconds in the quarter mile.
                That's what I was thinking too.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                X