X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
    just wondering....if gas goes to 4.00, 4.50, 5.00 a gal......do anyone think that that might affect folks power tour plans,,,,,i.e., might some folks decide that the cost is not worth the trip?...just a question............rexx
    Already there. That didn't take long........................but no, we will still go. Something else may rear it's ugly head between now & then but gas prices will just move us from one vehicle to another.

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    I figured the difference between the Solstice and the GTO or Cutlass would be about 600.00. Thinking we are bringing the Cutlass this year.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Depending on your MPG it's only about $400 extra bucks - I'm OK with that considering ......

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I think Mary's coupe will go this time.........

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    We could take the Solstice that gets 30+ mpg but that kinda seems like cheating for Power Tour. It is already scheduled for one trip this spring, They each have to have a turn

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    You don't need paint.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Originally posted by nickleone View Post
    I have a choice. Take my 62 Rambler SW at 20+ mph or my 90 Mustang LX at 30+ mpg
    We'll be in the 71 Vette unless my oldest is able to go, in that case it'll be balls to the wall and make the Pala road ready, without paint.

Leave a comment:

• nickleone
    replied
    I have a choice. Take my 62 Rambler SW at 20+ mph or my 90 Mustang LX at 30+ mpg
    Last edited by nickleone; March 7, 2022, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Well for good or bad were in it for the long haul, now yes it is in my backyard and will help. That being said I'm spending a pile of cashuly this year so if make this year happen I'll be in like Flinn for the following year's. Now I know my situation is different and I have the purse strings and the only person I have to make happy is John, which amounts to throw him in the car and go. We'll also be at Cruising the Coast too. But like I said everyone has different priorities and budgets, and no, by no means am I loaded, quite the opposite.
    Last edited by corvettedad; March 7, 2022, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    I'm thinking $5.00 might be optimistic.
    This is one of the reasons that we are only planning on the Southern Tour this year....
    Last edited by silver_bullet; March 7, 2022, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I'm thinking $5.00 might be optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• PacerRacer
    replied
    just wondering....if gas goes to 4.00, 4.50, 5.00 a gal......do anyone think that that might affect folks power tour plans,,,,,i.e., might some folks decide that the cost is not worth the trip?...just a question............rexx
    I think a few people might shorten their trip from Long Haul to just 3 or 4 legs of the journey, but I seriously doubt if anyone who is making plans right now to Long Haul would completely abandon the tour due to gas prices.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    It's not going stop us. We'll just bring the car that gets 13 MPG.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Americana at its finest!

Leave a comment:

• stroker al
    replied
    Don’t think it will matter as all the die hards are going to have fun and see friends!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X