Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit last minute but, hotel suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit last minute but, hotel suggestions?

So...I am probably looking at doing something possibly supremely stupid and doing the whole last minute eff it, let's go on powertour this year.
    I have the all ford nationals out in Pennsylvania first weekend of June...celebrating the 50th anniversary for the '72 Gran Torino Sport...and I have been requested to bring my banana boat to the party.
    Which leaves us pondering if we can pull the run for PT2022 like we originally debating.

Out of curiosity, is there a list of recommended hotels for the tour this year?
    In our case, it would be through the Choice Hotels app.

Realistically...been to the deep south. Moved there. Not gonna lie. Lived there in 2020 and the weather, flora and fauna was not to my liking. No AC and did 2010, won't repeat that mistake! But I will say Pensacola beaches were pretty bitchin'.

We tried pricing hotels in the Florida stop and woof. The idea of staying a few days and skipping the end of the tour went right out the window.
    Off season: $129 a night.
    IN Season: $342 a night.

Must be the sunshine tax?
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Here are my hotels - all in the Choice (hopefully they are choice) family chain - several others too will be in attendance.
    Comfort Suites Sun/Mon - Cordova, TN.
    Sleep Inn - Smyrna, TN.
    Sleep Inn - Pelham, AL.
    EconoLodge - Crestview, Fl.

I can almost guarantee the rates have gone up once the hotels got wind of something going on. Hope to see you and Might Mel on the road.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Some of us are at the Best Westerns too. Galleria Inn Memphis, Avid by Holiday Inn at Lebanon, BW Oak Mountain in Pelham. Good luck!
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
        ! But I will say Pensacola beaches were pretty bitchin'.

We tried pricing hotels in the Florida stop and woof. The idea of staying a few days and skipping the end of the tour went right out the window.
        Off season: $129 a night.
        IN Season: $342 a night.

Must be the sunshine tax?
        Tourist Season for the N.W. Fla. beaches. Rates go up. One place in Destin gets down to $79 in the Winter goes up around 200-300 a night in prime time. Might try east of P'cola Milton, Crestview, Atmore, ect.

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

staying at Holiday Inn Express most of the way......and...in the mail today came a Holley fridge magnet from last year's tour......how about that?......rexx

Comment

Here is my list. Last day we are heading back to Denver:
            6/13
            LIBERTY BOWL MEMORIAL STADIUM
            335 South Hollywood Street
            Memphis, Tennessee 38104

Comfort Suites
            2427 N. Germantown Pkwy., Cordova, TN, 38018, US
            (901) 213-3600 laundry

6/14
            Nashville Superspeedway
            4847-F McCrary Road
            Lebanon, TN 37090

Quality Inn Murfreesboro-University Area
            2135 S. Church Street, Murfreesboro, TN, 37130-5506, US
            (615) 890-1006

hoover met complex
            100 Ben Chapman Drive
            Hoover, AL 35244-5603

6/15
            Quality Inn Pelham I-65 exit 246
            110 Cahaba Valley Pkwy., Pelham, AL, 35124, US
            (205) 413-4889

6/16
            pensacola fairgrounds
            Physical Address:
            6655 W. Mobile Hwy
            Pensacola, FL 32526

Econo Lodge
            3101 S. Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL, 32536, US
            (850) 682-6255

6/17
            atlanta mtr spdwy
            1500 Tara Pl, Hampton, GA 30228

Nick

Comment

We are gonna drive a bit from Florida and stay in Brewton, AL at a Best Western. Everything was really expensive in Florida and we have a long drive to Atlanta the next day. Memphis we are in Millington, Nashville at the Avid in Lebanon, and I think in Pelham for Hoover. Ours are all HIE brand except the Best Western. Got pretty good rates for most nights.
              Donna
              Williamston, MI
              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

For anyone still searching, I’ve got reservations I’m about to cancel. Can’t go this year, so just in case someone is still looking...
                here is what I have:
                12/13 June ~ BW plus Galleria two nights @ $101 + tax per night.
                14 June ~ BW Murfreesboro @ $139 + tax (senior discount rate)
                15 June ~ Holiday Inn Birmingham/Hoover. @$113 + tax (Military discount rate)
                16 June ~ two options available/ I reserved both
                ~ Pensacola SureStay byBW @ $152+tax. Or. BW Brewton, Brewton AL. @ $143+tax

Can’t guarantee they will honor my rates, but the rooms are reserved.
                Last edited by Redline04; May 6, 2022, 09:28 PM.
                '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                79 Trans Am project
                ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                  We are gonna drive a bit from Florida and stay in Brewton, AL at a Best Western. Everything was really expensive in Florida and we have a long drive to Atlanta the next day. Memphis we are in Millington, Nashville at the Avid in Lebanon, and I think in Pelham for Hoover. Ours are all HIE brand except the Best Western. Got pretty good rates for most nights.
                  Donna, your comment made me go back & take another look. We may do something similar between Pensacola & Atlanta. Problem is, Pensacola was where I wanted to to spend some time as I was stationed there for the summer of '69. Looking farther, we have several long runs this year.
                  ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

P'cola to Atlanta: Looks like they are going north to I-65, so Atmore, Brewton, possibly Andalusia or Evergreen would be possibilities Thursday night, Staying in Crestview & then heading to Andalusia & on to Georgiana would be viable also.

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                      P'cola to Atlanta: Looks like they are going north to I-65, so Atmore, Brewton, possibly Andalusia or Evergreen would be possibilities Thursday night, Staying in Crestview & then heading to Andalusia & on to Georgiana would be viable also.
                      I picked the 5 Star EconoLodge in Crestview myself - the meth got excellent reviews.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                        Tourist Season for the N.W. Fla. beaches. Rates go up. One place in Destin gets down to $79 in the Winter goes up around 200-300 a night in prime time. Might try east of P'cola Milton, Crestview, Atmore, ect.
                        I REALLY need to log in here more often as it's been...nealy 2 years
                        Andrew
                        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post

I REALLY need to log in here more often as it's been...nealy 2 years
                          Time flys!

Comment

Working...
                          X