Tour, locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scargo View Post
    Where can official event announcement be found?
    I think they only notified Platinum members from last year. I haven't seen the official announcement from Hot Rod yet.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Being a first timer this year, I am trying to figure out where to stay on Sunday night.

Does Monday begin at Atlanta Motor Speedway or is that the afternoon destination?

Also; do most of you arrange for overnight accommodations in the vicinity of the present day’s closing activity, or located nearby the start of the next day’s starting activity, or somewhere strategically placed between the two?
      Last edited by Scargo; January 6, 2023, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I can't speak for most but what our group does is stay in the vicinity of the venue that night then the next day drive to the next venue/town and stay there that night. SO I will be staying Monday night in the AMS area then Tuesday driving to Columbia and staying there that night... and so on and so on ....

Comment

Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post

Not going to be going that fast in a truck with no o/d and 373 gearing.
          That's what the el camino had and it struggled to go 60 on the highway. And it would start to vibrate.

Comment

brings back memories.......did the tour years ago, '69 Z/28, 302 motor, 4 speed muncie, 4:10 rear.....highway travel was brutal....car stayed together, but felt like driving a cement truck......hah!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              I can't speak for most but what our group does is stay in the vicinity of the venue that night then the next day drive to the next venue/town and stay there that night. SO I will be staying Monday night in the AMS area then Tuesday driving to Columbia and staying there that night... and so on and so on ....
              I never drove the route. I would take highways to the motel and then go to the venue. You need to pick something affordable or convenient to the venue/traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post
                Thinking of buying a teardrop camper, It most likely be cheaper to buy it and the extra fuel pulling it, than a weeks worth of hotel stays.
                The last two PT hotel costs were between $900-$1200. Was only $700-$800 previous tours. I travel with my buddy, no wife or kids and look for hotels with free breakfast which can save $15-$20 each. Join a hotel membership program many offer free cancelations .
                Nick

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                  brings back memories.......did the tour years ago, '69 Z/28, 302 motor, 4 speed muncie, 4:10 rear.....highway travel was brutal....car stayed together, but felt like driving a cement truck......hah!
                  The GTO has a 4 speed and 3.23's in it but it's no highway cruiser either.
                  I R Bob
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post

I never drove the route. I would take highways to the motel and then go to the venue. You need to pick something affordable or convenient to the venue/traffic.
                    Driving the route is most of the fun!

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by Scargo View Post
                      Being a first timer this year, I am trying to figure out where to stay on Sunday night.

Does Monday begin at Atlanta Motor Speedway or is that the afternoon destination?

Also; do most of you arrange for overnight accommodations in the vicinity of the present day’s closing activity, or located nearby the start of the next day’s starting activity, or somewhere strategically placed between the two?
                      As was said, Monday, you arrive at Atlanta, Noon or later. Usually have to check in before 6 at each place, leave the next morning for Columbia, ect, ect, For me the best part is running the route.

Comment

So I guess this is the ligit site...

Comment

Just tried to get tickets, filled form down to where it asks for Email Code but don’t know what this is???

Comment

Originally posted by stroker al View Post
                            Just tried to get tickets, filled form down to where it asks for Email Code but don’t know what this is???
                            I don't think registration is open yet so that field may not be working.
                            I R Bob

Comment

Thanks I never thought about that!

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

I don't think registration is open yet so that field may not be working.
                                tried a couple of times......nothing seems to be working yet.....rexx

Comment

Working...
                                X