No announcement yet.

Tour, locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We prefer to stay where most of the attendees stay each night.

Seeing that the distance between city’s is rather short this year, the choices seem to be:

a) after the afternoon activities conclude, remain in the area of that day’s destination each night and on the following morning, drive to the next starting location…

b) after the afternoon activities conclude, drive to and stay overnight in the immediate vicinity of the next day’s starting location…

What do most of you seasoned veterans prefer?

Comment

There's a lot of socializing in the hotel parking lots at night. Also IF in fact the drives are short this year (keep in mind that often times the route does not take the shortest or most direct road to the next venue) many folks will do side trips to points of interest along the way. We rarely make it to the venue before 3:00pm - get our credentials punched, search for swag and then head to the hotel to clean the car, find food and partake in adult beverages.
      Last edited by cstmwgn; January 8, 2023, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scargo View Post

Seeing that the distance between city’s is rather short this year, the choices seem to be:

a) after the afternoon activities conclude, remain in the area of that day’s destination each night and on the following morning, drive to the next starting location…

b) after the afternoon activities conclude, drive to and stay overnight in the immediate vicinity of the next day’s starting location…

Option A for us.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

With map...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	491
Size:	467.3 KB
ID:	1331178
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
            brings back memories.......did the tour years ago, '69 Z/28, 302 motor, 4 speed muncie, 4:10 rear.....highway travel was brutal....car stayed together, but felt like driving a cement truck......hah!
            it's a pretty cement truck though !
            Last edited by 70chevyC-10; January 9, 2023, 06:13 AM.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
              As was said, Monday, you arrive at Atlanta, Noon or later. Usually have to check in before 6 at each place, leave the next morning for Columbia, ect, ect, For me the best part is running the route.
              Atlanta being the first stop (with no driving) they open at 0900 hrs Day 1. Each day thereafter (driving days) the venues do not open until noon.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

looks like the atlanta motor speedway website has the power tour on June 12th (starting?)......not sure about the other sites..........rexx

Comment

It be nice if the route was more back roads, than interstate . Will it be?
                  Never been.

Comment

Just guessing but think hwy 1 will be heavily used!

Comment

Normally more back roads then freeways. Last year was the exception.
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Scargo View Post

"The next days starting location" is the previous days venue. Tuesday we officially leave from AMS. Most of us just intercept the Route from our hotel. Some like to blow down the Interstate to the next venue, but the real fun is driving the route with the other cars, the mix constantly changes as you stop for food/ gas or the cars around you do. Occaisionally getting lost (off route do to misreading) is part of the game...

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

"getting lost".....what year was it.....we went through Mt Airy.....drove out, went through some long roads......realized that I had gone the wrong way.....really thought I heard the banjo from Deliverance.....oh, man, turned around in a big hurry.......rexx

Comment

Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post
                            It be nice if the route was more back roads, than interstate . Will it be?
                            Never been.
                            Last year I ran my own route about 90% of the time and still made it to the venues early most days. Way too much interstate last year. If it is the same this year I will be doing my own routes using back roads.

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                              "getting lost".....what year was it.....we went through Mt Airy.....
                              '06

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

I ran my own route as well. Caught up with Lar's on the way to Atlanta
                                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                                X