Clear All

Originally posted by hotrodfords View Post
    With map...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	491
Size:	467.3 KB
ID:	1331178
    5 days to do a 10hour 24min trip, I think we’ll be on back roads, some roads might even have two tracks with grass in the middle.
    John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
    Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

5 days to do a 10hour 24min trip, I think we’ll be on back roads, some roads might even have two tracks with grass in the middle.
      We ended up on a dirt road last year!
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

As short as the distances are we shouldn't be on any Interstates this year.

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
          As short as the distances are we shouldn't be on any Interstates this year.
          Well in my opinion (not that it is worth anything) we should NEVER be on an Interstate!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Well in my opinion (not that it is worth anything) we should NEVER be on an Interstate!
            I agree, but when they overreach on distance they don't have much choice.

Comment

I agree, but when they overreach on distance they don't have much choice.
              True. Maybe that should change. I would rather SEE the US of A while on the tour, than speed past it on an interstate. That, today requires you to go 65-75+ to not get run over.
              As they say, not my sandbox.
              I was on You Tube and saw a video of a lemons rally, That looked like shorter drives on back roads, Then again it as a video that can be edited . I know no one that has attended one.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodfords View Post
                With map...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	491
Size:	467.3 KB
ID:	1331178
                Do they let you take laps on the speedways at those locations?
                I did that once donating to Speedway Children's Charity , That was tons of fun even in the rental minivan, Must be awesome in a vehicle that can get out of it's own way.

Comment

Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post

I did that once donating to Speedway Children's Charity , That was tons of fun even in the rental minivan, Must be awesome in a vehicle that can get out of it's own way.
                  All I've heard so far is laps on Atlanta for $50. Most of the dragstrips will be running for fun runs.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post

Other than the drag strips, all of the tracks I have driven are speed-controlled by a 'pace car'......so you most likely won't be able to let 'er loose.......
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Guess if you faked car trouble then ya could play catch up, at least lay some rubber!

Comment

Originally posted by stroker al View Post
                        Guess if you faked car trouble then ya could play catch up, at least lay some rubber!
                        Someone did that at Bristol in '09.

Comment

Someone did that at Bristol in '09.
                          Sounds like you might know that guy !

Comment

Laps?......in Indy, we were going so slow I should have gotten out and walked, not to mention the inhospitality of the local gendarmes

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Other than the drag strips, all of the tracks I have driven are speed-controlled by a 'pace car'......so you most likely won't be able to let 'er loose.......
                              We got up to 65 on the straights Corners were like 35-40. When I did the SCC thing. I figured they limit the speeds for insurance reasons. but a walking pace would not be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by stroker al View Post
                                I did that at the Kansas Speedway during a GoodGuys show.........fell to the back of the pack, got some space and came out of turn 2 accelerating through 85 only to find an entire back stretch full of brake lights turning off the track. 4-wheel discs helped a lot.
                                They took our picture.....LOL.
                                Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 25, 2023, 08:34 PM.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X