2010 Power Tour Hotel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Power Tour Hotel Thread

You know guys if you know someone you can live with for a week you could split the rooms. That is what Tina and I do. We split them with her sister and husband, it works out great. Remember you are only in them for a few hours of rest. ;D
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

No kickback, but the Priority Club awards points for nights stayed. As you know, I travel for a living, and have bunches of points with several chains. They don't offer many rooms for 'rewards', so you have to cash in early....my total for the trip will be $708. All can be cancelled.
      We should shop around, and use the best rates we can find for quality rooms, tho. Like you Allen, I'm not a bit above saving a little gas money! That's not being cheap, it's 'financial management'.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
        Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
        Can't book until tonight... :-\ We're going to try staying at the same chain this year throughout the PT. After spending $700 + on hotels in years past might as well try to get a free room or two out of the deal.

Linda 8)
        re: the DuQuoin stop....not a lot of hotels there....might want to look at Carbondale (bigger, more hotels, home of SIU (Southern Illinois University), about 15 miles to the south, or maybe even Marion, IL, just east of Carbondale, and right off of I-57....I have some relatives in Carterville, IL, (close by)...rexx

WHATS the numbers for your relatives place? :o

Comment

Holiday Inn Express in Newton still has rooms. Booked tonight. Their # is 1.641.792.3333. I hope this is the real deal!

Comment

we are in holiday inn (same as oletrux) but i doubt we will be able to use them as they are all over $100 after the taxes...we use them as backups in case our cheapies are flop houses....or worse.
            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

booked all HIE as posted previously by oletrux. 628.00 w/tax no idea if i will do tour next year... i dont know what i am doing tomorrow..........none the less 8-9 months from now! lol

we shall see what commitments come up.

Comment

I stayed at Hampton Inn's at every stop for every Power Tour except this year. Dad and I stayed at the HI/HEI just to be with the group. This year was our most expensive and by a good amount. Next year I will be staying at all Hampton Inn's except for the first 2 nights I'll be at the HE we were at this year. Will post reservations by the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowLightning
                  I stayed at Hampton Inn's at every stop for every Power Tour except this year. Dad and I stayed at the HI/HEI just to be with the group. Last year was our most expensive and by a good amount. This year I will be staying at all Hampton Inn's except for the first 2 nights I'll be at the HE we were at this year. Will post reservations by the weekend.
                  Good to hear from you!! Been wondering where you've been.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Got mine done, same as Ed and Mary.

6/4-5,HIE, 208 W. 4th St, Newton, IA.
                    6/6, HIE, 3050 S. Dirksen Pkwy, Springfield, IL.
                    6/7, HI Carbondale Conf. Ctr., 2300 Reed Station Pkwy, Carbondale, IL.
                    6/8, HI University Plaza, 1021 Wilkinson Trace, Bowling Green, KY.
                    6/9, HIE Lookout Mtn, 3710 Modern Industries Pkwy, Chattanooga, TN.
                    6/10, HIE, 1733 Fulton Rd, Fulton, AL.
                    6/11, HI Bellingrath Garden, 5465 Hwy 90W, Mobile, AL.

Comment

DU QUION has some sort of racetrack there. believe it stock cars ARCA etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
                        I've only booked 2 so far
                        HEI in Newton

Super8 in Du Quoin
                        What I saw of the reviews of that place online, I wasn't too impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                          OK, I am all in.
                          Do you guys get some kind of kickback from HI for using there properties exclusively?
                          I know I am a cheap ass :'( :-[
                          but the week is going to cost $1010.14 for an average per day rate of $126.27. :-*
                          If Like me we are Priority Club members & get points towards free nights. ;)
                          I also belong to Marriott Rewards & HHHHonors. :
                          I sorta travel allot in my job... 8)
                          There are cheaper hotels out there but they have a good government rate for us GOV people
                          Altho all 3 chains give the same GOV rate. HIE has free breakfast. :D
                          So. Central PA
                          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

OK, I am all in.
                            Do you guys get some kind of kickback from HI for using there properties exclusively?
                            but the week is going to cost $1010.14 for an average per day rate of $126.27. :-*
                            Not a kick back. Just been on enough Power Tours and tried other hotel chains. HI and La Quinta's have always been my best experiences. Plus you join their programs and eventually earn free nights.

HI for the first two stops and then I got side tracked. Need to get back to the reservations.
                            1964 Chevelle
                            Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                            LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by YellowLightning
                              Will post reservations by the weekend.
                              So how far is it from Mobile to Hahnville and do I have to go through Chocolate City to get there?

Comment

OK, I am all in.
                                I thought old people got better rates ;D ;D Donna has been working on rooms, appears were not quite old enough yet
                                Donna
                                Williamston, MI
                                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X