• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Power Tour Hotel Thread

Who's on First :D :D :D

Comment

Jim, chances are good I will be in Springfield, so I really hope to see you all there.
      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

George I updated the motel list with your changes. Here also is a link to the phone list, you will not be able to access it unless you gave me your email address to use to grant you permission to the folder. Please check and see if you can access this folder, because some of you already have permission, if you can't access, and would like to PM me with your email address, and I will get you permission to the folder.

It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I didn't use the booking agency at all. I'm not really keen on the whole "middleman" concept. What I did was google for example "hotels in Chattanooga" , look for a facility near the venue and read the reviews on each hotel before making a selection. I then called my top 3 choices, checked rates and availability and booked the rooms. I must tell you the AAA membership is a substantial savings and I paid for my membership this year in hotel discounts alone.

I'm not suggesting this tactic is quick and easy but it worked for me.

Just a thought, Dean

Comment

Also, a reminder to those who want to be on the phone list, please pm me with your cell phone number or numbers and your email address.

Comment

Well in light of current events on the home front, I didn't think I was going to be able to make the tour this year. :-\ I've decided, screw it, I'm selling the Galaxie and the PT is going on the old credit card. I'll figure out how to pay for it later. Can't wait to see everybody again.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                Well in light of current events on the home front, I didn't think I was going to be able to make the tour this year. :-\ I've decided, screw it, I'm selling the Galaxie and the PT is going on the old credit card. I'll figure out how to pay for it later. Can't wait to see everybody again.
                Sure hope you can make it (depending on your circumstances, of course).....there's a saying, "every man dies, not every man really lives" rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
                  Sure hope you can make it (depending on your circumstances, of course).....there's a saying, "every man dies, not every man really lives" rexx
                  I will be on my own, but I will be there. I've decided for my own peace of mind, I need to do this.
                  I R Bob
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Bob, I'll be looking for you in Springfield. ;D

Comment

my wife told me that i wasn't going unless we had the cash saved up for the entire tour. i told her there was no way to know what you need to bring exactly and i can't wait until the last minute just to told i didn't have enough saved up. hopefully she's saving more than i am.

jim i tried the email list. it told me i needed a password to. i'll send you my email and phone number again.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                        I will be there. ;)
                        I R Bob

Comment

Can't wait to see you Bob. Count on me to help keep the Blue Cooler stocked up....... ;)
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

You did more then your share last year Ed. ;)
                            I R Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                              I will be there. ;)
                              Are you bringing your beaver ?
                              So. Central PA
                              Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                                I have tour reservations at the Corvette Assembly plant Tuesday morning in BG. I need to follow up on this as last year the tours were limited to only certain days.
                                George, I didn't see this item before, If you have room and /or need a headcount - I'd like to be on the short list
                                a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
                                X