Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Power Tour Hotel Thread

OK, once you have your Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour hotel reservations made,
    please post up the hotel name, address, contact information and the rate you got for others to use.
    ;D

EVENT DATES AND VENUES

Friday, June 4 & Saturday, June 5
    Iowa Speedway - Newton, IA

Sunday, June 6
    Downtown - Springfield, IL

Monday, June 7
    DuQuoin State Fairgrounds - DuQuoin, IL

Tuesday, June 8
    Bowling Green, KY (venue TBA)

Wednesday, June 9
    Chattanooga, TN (venue TBA)

Thursday, June 10
    Birmingham, AL (venue TBA)

Friday, June 11 & Saturday, June 12
    Mobile, AL (venue TBA)

Re: 2010 Power Tour Hotel Thread

I've only booked 2 so far
    HEI in Newton

Super8 in Du Quoin

Caution - some of the internet rates are NON cancellable

Comment

Can't book until tonight... :-\ We're going to try staying at the same chain this year throughout the PT. After spending $700 + on hotels in years past might as well try to get a free room or two out of the deal.

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
        Can't book until tonight... :-\ We're going to try staying at the same chain this year throughout the PT. After spending $700 + on hotels in years past might as well try to get a free room or two out of the deal.

Linda 8)
        re: the DuQuoin stop....not a lot of hotels there....might want to look at Carbondale (bigger, more hotels, home of SIU (Southern Illinois University), about 15 miles to the south, or maybe even Marion, IL, just east of Carbondale, and right off of I-57....I have some relatives in Carterville, IL, (close by)...rexx

Comment

I have the fun task of finding campsites and rental cabins

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
            I have the fun task of finding campsites and rental cabins
            Maybe you should look into getting a new ride, something like a pickup truck with a camper top and just park in one of the PT motel lots :D

Comment

There is the Mansion View Hotel in Springfield that we stayed at during the Mother Road Festival which is right down town. I guess they will be parking the cars like they did for the Festival, around the old capital . I am surprised they are not using the Fair Grounds.
              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

thanks Steve!
                Here's my list. Used a combination of points and government rates, so the price range for us ran from $55 in Newton, to $100 in Mobile:

6/4-5,HIE, 208 W. 8th St, Newton, IA.
                6/6, HIE, 3050 S. Dirksen Pkwy, Springfield, IL.
                6/7, HI Carbondale Conf. Ctr., 2300 Reed Station Pkwy, Carbondale, IL.
                6/8, HI University Plaza, 1021 Wilkinson Trace, Bowling Green, KY.
                6/9, HIE Lookout Mtn, 3710 Modern Industries Pkwy, Chattanooga, TN.
                6/10, HIE, 1733 Fulton Rd, Fulton, AL.
                6/11, HI Bellingrath Garden, 5465 Hwy 90W, Mobile, AL.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                  There is the Mansion View Hotel in Springfield that we stayed at during the Mother Road Festival which is right down town. I guess they will be parking the cars like they did for the Festival, around the old capital . I am surprised they are not using the Fair Grounds.
                  thank God.....I missed the Mother Road Fest this year (car was in for paint), but getting into and out of the fairgrounds the last time we were there on the PT was a royal pain.....rexx

Comment

thank God.....I missed the Mother Road Fest this year (car was in for paint), but getting into and out of the fairgrounds the last time we were there on the PT was a royal pain.....rexx
                    [/quote]

Getting in and out of downtown won't be much better with all their one way streets.
                    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                      thanks Steve!
                      Here's my list. Used a combination of points and government rates, so the price range for us ran from $55 in Newton, to $100 in Mobile:

6/10, HIE, 260 Cahaba Valley Rd., Pelham, Al
                      I used your list to make our reservations. I used points and senior discount and AAA rates. Got rates of $90 - $110 a night in the different cities. I have Priority club with HI, so we will get a lot of new points for the following year.

I changed the address for Birmingham, Al. Forgot it wasn't my original post. Sorry for messing up OP list of hotels.

Comment

on the HR board, one poster (in the 2010 PT thread) listed all of the venues (page 6 of the thread); don't know if they're all accurate, though.....rexx

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                          thanks Steve!

6/10, HIE, 1733 Fulton Rd, Fulton, AL.
                          Thanks also, going to make my reservations now...... DONE.. all rooms reserved... whoo hoo.
                          Just got to do the final stuff on my Camaro for the road trip.....
                          Any one else heading out Thursday from the East Coast (I'm just north of Baltimore in PA) ?
                          I'll figure out where I'll stop on my way out... (looks like Battle Creek, MI for dinner w/friends)

First attempt at a map for tour. Will update soon & semi often http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,25.378418&z=6
                          So. Central PA
                          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

All reservations made. Will post list later. Cost ranges from $52 - $80 a nite plus taxes. All Wyndham to colloect the poinnts.
                            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

OK, I am all in.
                              Do you guys get some kind of kickback from HI for using there properties exclusively?
                              I know I am a cheap ass :'( :-[
                              but the week is going to cost $1010.14 for an average per day rate of $126.27. :-*

Comment

Working...
                              X