Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power Tour 2010

Originally posted by dez_racer
    well i am a newbie also i am going to try to make '10 PT it will be a father son trip for me and my pops.
    what are some of the extra costs that you dont really hear about entry fees to events and such ?
    Welcome to the best car guy forum on the planet dez_racer !!!
    This is an excellent Father / Son trip, lots do it every year.
    If you are Long Hauling (driving the entire trip and visiting all venues) registration is $65 and you get two sets of credentials.
    Costs (in order of expense amounts) are:
    - Hotel rooms
    - Gas
    - Alcohol
    - Food
    - Stuff (t-shirts, Tylenol, etc.)

Comment

thanks for the reply's

i am good about the police i am always respectful i am just worried about states fender and width laws (my car is 7'6"wide tire to tire front and rear) i might have to run some ugly mud flaps i am looking in to the laws of each state i am going to pass through

i am always pre-pared for buying beers i just wish i had a bottomless cooler

the long haul deal is what i want to do i am looking at doing roughly 4578.89 miles on this trip i am used to preping the car for battle down in mexico just not used to freeway speeds all the time i can run 90mph to 100mph is what i am geared for i think i might be able to keep up with the west coast crews i get roughly 12mpg and it is a 22 gallon fuel cell

the pic was taken outside of vegas but i know laguna salada bay of LA and almost the whole baja sur area i have a place 20 miles south of san felipe my second home i love the fishing and the seafood down there

i cant wait to do this trip i have been wanting to do this since i saw the first one in hot rod years back

and my cooler is always open the tools are there if you need them and i am always willing to help out i got a ton of great fixes to get ya home if needed

oh and i carry a full trama first-aid kit hope we never need it but i will have it with my AED

Comment

My Dad and I were gonna go last year for his 70th birthday, but he went and had to have triple bypass the day we were going to leave. Now we are going in 2010. Long haul. This will be my 3rd and his 1st. Hope to see you along the way. I'll have the three B's with me. Beer, bourbon,and beefeaters (for martinis) ;D ;D
        OH YEAH
        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted
          My Dad and I were gonna go last year for his 70th birthday, but he went and had to have triple bypass the day we were going to leave. Now we are going in 2010. Long haul. This will be my 3rd and his 1st. Hope to see you along the way. I'll have the three B's with me. Beer, bourbon,and beefeaters (for martinis) ;D ;D
          Thats what I like..... A well stocked car.......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

dez_racer - Thats one cool VW on Steroids.........

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
              well i am a newbie also i am going to try to make '10 PT it will be a father son trip for me and my pops.
              what are some of the extra costs that you dont really hear about entry fees to events and such ?
              Welcome to the best car guy forum on the planet dez_racer !!!
              This is an excellent Father / Son trip, lots do it every year.
              If you are Long Hauling (driving the entire trip and visiting all venues) registration is $65
              They went up this year, it's now $70.00 with a $3.00 (Non-Refundable) handling fee $73.00 total. Welcome aboard dez_racer.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3

Yes it is. Love it!
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin

Yes it is. Love it!
                  she dont look so nice right nowi wrecked her pretty bad been a process to rebuild it needs a new body front bumper upper left arm and now more power 300hp honda v-6 and a new 5 speed transaxle

Comment

Yes it is. Love it!
                    she dont look so nice right nowi wrecked her pretty bad been a process to rebuild it needs a new body front bumper upper left arm and now more power 300hp honda v-6 and a new 5 speed transaxle
                    Very nice, and Welcome to our little world. Hope to see you on the Tour. ;D
                    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Yes it is. Love it!
                      i hope you still have the rack on the roof. that's where the beer cooler goes, right? ;D
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I'm looking at the pic and trying to find any parts that are genuine VW components,
                        other than the main body (which could be a fiberglass shell too).
                        Everything else is aftermarket or fabricated !
                        :o

What's the scoop dez ?

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                          I'm looking at the pic and trying to find any parts that are genuine VW components,
                          other than the main body (which could be a fiberglass shell too).
                          Everything else is aftermarket or fabricated !
                          :o

What's the scoop dez ?

well it is a full chassis car built from the ground up a few time as of right now the only thing left of it being a vw is the body and the transaxle concept windows and windshield wipers

right now it is having a honda v-6 installed about 300hp pump gas motor the old vw motor was not enough and costs way more. new body cause i crashed last november at the baja 1000 pre-run was avoiding a cow long story

right now the right side of the cage is gone it bent a little the front bulk head that the front a-arm are attached to is being changed so i can mount a radiator up front the roof rack will be changed cause the spare tire will now be mounted over the motor

some of the specs WB114" stock is 98"
                          the width is 84" front and rear
                          20" of wheel travel in the rear and 21"wheel travel in the front
                          1-1/2 to 1 ratio on the rack and pinion and power steering
                          King 2.5"coil-over 14in travel and3.0" 16in travel by-pass shocks in the rear
                          king coil-over 2.0 10in travel 12in 2.5" by-pass shocks in the front
                          6 piston rear disc brakes 4 piston front disc brakes 11in rotors on all four corners slotted and cross drilled
                          22 gallon fuel cell
                          race radio intercom headsets with I-pod hook up 5in color gps
                          35in tall tires on 15x4 beadlock wheels going to 33in tall tires and different wheels
                          hella 9in HID lights on the roof and PIAA hi /low HID lights
                          mastercraft race seats
                          and all kinds of little extras like every other car

Comment

206 can you say start your engines?????? :o
                            Danny/Zachary
                            HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

198 :
                              Danny/Zachary
                              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

hey, run up to the top thread. that's the count down thread.
                                "2010 HRPT Countdown"

"guess we just didn't teech ya tu well" ;D
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X